IW STi Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey what's up everyone? i get my sti in oct (blue/gold) :D i was wondering, does the front sit higher than the back? i can;t tell in pics and the one at the dealer is sitting on a incline so i can't tell. i know it is a rally suspension set up if it is, just curious. anyway, can't wait till oct!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Welcome to the board. From looking at mine, ride height is the same front and back. I know the wait is hard, Just got my silver/silver on thursday and I'm loving every monute of it.

Jared

·
Registered
35 Posts
What is even harder than waiting for your STi to arrive, is keeping it under 4,000 rpms the first 1000 miles. But, believe me, the entire wait is worth it!

Congratulations on a wise car buy. Use in good health.

Roger

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Crazy Modifided Race STi. picture.

yeah i know that 4k rpm mark is gooign to be hell! especially after driving my prelude. i'll be good though :) one thing i am confused on, can we set the REV LIMITER or just set the tach's shift light and beep? and what is max redline after break-in?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Welcome!!

munky69 said:
hey what's up everyone? i get my sti in oct (blue/gold) :D i was wondering, does the front sit higher than the back? i can;t tell in pics and the one at the dealer is sitting on a incline so i can't tell. i know it is a rally suspension set up if it is, just curious. anyway, can't wait till oct!!

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
damn i've had this beast for 2 years now and still loving it :D went not knowing **** about subies to being a suby tech at a local dealer :D done a pretty decent amount to the car (not as much as i'd like, but hey)

from this:

to this:

to present: (did the grill myself)

·
Super Moderator
8,810 Posts
^^ Please post a rear shot. Do you have the JDM side extenders (whatever they are called) on your back bumper or do you have a totally different bumper?

·
Registered
12,474 Posts
munky69 said:
i was wondering, does the front sit higher than the back? i can;t tell in pics and the one at the dealer is sitting on a incline so i can't tell.
the ride height in the front and the back is the same.
however... (and some people don't seem to like this in the looks department)
the front gap inbetween the wheel and the fender is bigger than in the back.

if you level this out and make the front the same gap as the back, your car will be raked forward, and the right height will be different in the front and the rear.

you can find quite a bit of threads on this forum regarding this subject, there have been some discussions regarding this topic in the past :)

lowering for bling or for function :)

ps: enjoy your STI!

J.

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
very nice :)

·
Indiatr0n in yo IWDPL
8,577 Posts
jph said:
the ride height in the front and the back is the same.
however... (and some people don't seem to like this in the looks department)
the front gap inbetween the wheel and the fender is bigger than in the back.

if you level this out and make the front the same gap as the back, your car will be raked forward, and the right height will be different in the front and the rear.

you can find quite a bit of threads on this forum regarding this subject, there have been some discussions regarding this topic in the past :)

lowering for bling or for function :)

ps: enjoy your STI!

J.
Hehe...you didn't catch that this thread was way back from 2003, a "then and now" resurrection :)

·
Registered
12,474 Posts
nandanrp said:
Hehe...you didn't catch that this thread was way back from 2003, a "then and now" resurrection :)
indeed i did not.
*slaps forehead* :)

J.

·
Banned
936 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, and welcome.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Munky--It's good to know that the ITR shift boot works in the STi. It's yet another JDM part I can swap over from my Prelude, hehe. Question--I haven't exactly run a search on this, but since your a Scooby tech, does the HKS ss bov void any warranties? I just need a quick answer, nothing overly involved.

J

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah it takes a little fabbing, but it'll work. it's not just a direct replace. ha, i had a 01 prelude before this :D far as the bov, just depends on the dealer and how much stuff you have done, and what the warranty issue is. if it's suspension, then no woories on the bov here, but some will say you ragged on it and it's your fault. we're pretty cool about most mods here... oh and thanx for the welcome/tips, :lol: got my car 2 years ago,and work as a subie tech, i know some stuff now ;) i guess this should of been in a diff forum :eek: oh and let me find a rear shot, i just have the jdm rear aprons, stock bumper

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
annual bump :lol: see the link in my profile thign here to the side ;) this time,let me help some of you out. this thread is old. i know some shiz now :lol:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
nice :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts