IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang....just joined today.......bought a 2005 WRX STi 6-speed Saturday. Let me tell you, I am in love with this car...and the g/f will have to come 2nd (shhhhh, don't tell her that tho lol)

Anyway, This car is amazing, and I am new to the whole FI scene, as I've always been N/A. I already searched for BOV, and found that it is not necessary for a stock STi turbo. But, like everyone else, I love the PSSSSHHH sound lol.......so what can i do to get that? cuz i dont wanna run like crap.

Also, I tried searching for different intakes, and came up empty handed (please no flamage, I'm not new to car forums, I am also on 2 others) so which intake would you say to go with? Cuz my car is bone stock other than the HKS exhaust (which sounds mean as hell)

Love the 2-tone interior (blue and black) and the 6 disc changer is a plus. Also the BBS rims ;)

Anyway, I am hoping to have pics within this week. As of right now, I am staring at the clock waiting for 4pm CST to come so I get to drive it LOL.

Any pointers would be great. I have always done appearance before performance, so now i am doing it opposite. So any pointers on intake, BOV, wastegates, short shifters etc etc would be AWESOME......im lookin forward to chattin with all you wonderful people.

Oh, BTW, i used to own a 2004 hyundai tiburon GT 6-speed...which was nice......which is why i own an STi now haha....ttyl

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
get an APS cold air, that is the popular choice, but there are a ton of different choices. No need for the BOV if you get an intake. With an intake that sound comes with it. Short shifter can be provided by kartboy along with all the bushings to make the shifter feel better. Most people either go with the sway bar mods first or the 3" downpipe with 3" catback and accesspoint for their first mods. Just surf the forum and you'll find all the answers you need as a beginner.

Welcome to the community btw!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks IUSTi....I take it you go to IL Univ? your not too too far from me.....anyway, thanks for the info bro, and the welcome.....good to know :)

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
no problem. I go to Indiana University btw and thats still not that far from chicago. Im planning a trip up there sometime early next year to get my car tuned.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no problem. I go to Indiana University btw and thats still not that far from chicago.
yea, i figured that after i read your profile lol.......sweet....i will keep an eye on the regional threads to see if there are meets coming up........how have they been this year? any coming up?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check out the Midwest forum...

Theres a thread on there called Chicago Install Meets

Welcome to IWSTI
cool man.....your not too far from me either....thanks for the welcome, and i will for sure check it out.....looks like i found a new family lol....if i was a chick, im sure there would be 4-5 pages in this thread :lol:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you posted in the Newbie forum.. you'd probably get more welcomes :lol:

But check out the midwest forum.

Cool group of guys and gal haha
wooohooo, a gal huh? well, i used to own a tiburon, and every meet (which i put them all together) would be a total sausage fest....

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you haven't noticed I'm the chick hahaha

But yeah check it out..

The meets are fun
lmao haha....im not paying too much attention....its 3:30, and i get off at 4:00......all i care about right now is gettin in my car and cruising hahahaha

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welcome and enjoy... these cars bring a smile to your face for sure.. So far you seem to be going through this correctly.. Just be careful with the advice given.. For sure you are always going to get different opinions.. No BOV, like said, an intake will give you the swish.. I have an spt and its great and loud enough.. The catback exhaust, springs, I have cobbs, and a protune.. good to go... good luck and enjoy because now starts the real fun, making the car your own,, phil

1 - 13 of 13 Posts