IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Former Site Owner
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am happy to announce that it is now possible to link members to your Member Journal in the detail of each one of your posts below your avatar.

To accomplish this:
1) Go to your member journal and find the complete URL. Identify the thread number.

Here is an example URL:
iwsti.com/forums/site-news-announcements/105147-new-feature-show-off-your-member-journal.html

In this case, the thread number is 105147.

2) Go to your User CP and click Edit Profile.

3) Scroll down to the section titled, "My Member Journal" and paste the thread number into the field below it.

Once you paste the thread number and save the changes, then you will notice that your car (as listed below your avatar and above "Fav Mod" in the post detail) now links to your member journal like you see in mine.
<----------------------------------------

Enjoy!

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,564 Posts
i just posted my journal thread number (23326) in the box and hit save and it came up

You did not enter the correct format for the Please type eight in number form. (i.e. 8) field. Please read the field description for the expected format.

what did i do wrong, kevin?

·
Former Site Owner
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just posted my journal thread number (23326) in the box and hit save and it came up

You did not enter the correct format for the Please type eight in number form. (i.e. 8) field. Please read the field description for the expected format.

You may be seeing an anti-spam featured that requires you to answer a question to update your profile.

·
pwn n00bs
18,208 Posts

Please type eight in number form. (i.e. 8)Please answer the question or we think you are a spam bot. We apologize for any inconvenience. If you don't know, email us: info [@] hspn.com.
|8 |

that's what it should look like.
it's under edit profile.

·
Premium Member
9,013 Posts
Kevin-

Very nice! Thanks for the update and the continued work on the site! :tup:

·
Former Site Owner
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have noticed some members still linking to their member journals from their signatures. I am bumping this thread so more people are aware of this new feature.

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,564 Posts
that's spooky, kevin. i just read this thread and followed your direction to lose the journal links to signatures an hour or so ago.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
sweet!..with all the fun and ease of having to start one, i feel like joining in on the journal threads now

·
IWSTI Club Level 11ty
5,688 Posts
Kevin, I'm not seeing my member journal in my profile after following your instructions :notsure: :(.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts