IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
new STi fitment is what you mean. ;)

i'm a fan of these new Enkei's personally.....

they've got good fitment specs 17x9 +40mm but i'm not 100% on brembo clearance.

can't forget these either.

wish i had a 16" specification Spec C (MY05 of course :) ) so i could run these....

ok sorry for the hijack, Enkei FTW.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
T3h_Clap said:
new STi fitment is what you mean. ;)

i'm a fan of these new Enkei's personally.....

they've got good fitment specs 17x9 +40mm but i'm not 100% on brembo clearance.
Those.... are hot. Depending on the weight I could definitely use the 17x9 as a track wheel, and if they made an 18x8 in the appropriate offset they look good so they'd be perfect as a street wheel.

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
they have an 18x8 +45mm :)

but no confirmation if it clears brembos.

and it only comes in silver.

I'll show this thread to the #1 enkei guy I know.

brb :)

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
kts262 said:
*sigh* i wish i could get some sexy looking gravel rims like these on my car....
get the 5x114.3 subaru 4/2 pot rotors front and rear and the Subaru 4/2 pots off an 06 wrx and start having some gravel fun! :)

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
kts262 said:
it is tempting to do the 4 pot conversion and do some gravel fun.... ;)
it is.

if they are good enough for a 22b :)

in all reality there isn't much stopping you from switching.

if i lived in an area that saw snow, i'd do it.

swap the 4/2 pot setup for the winter run some 15 or 16" gravel wheels with some nice snow tires and have some FUN!!

**** it i'm moving back to iowa. :)

·
3,274 Posts
I had no idea how to do a brake swap, but after looking at Nick's install guide of the 6Gun ball joint extenders and seeing him swap the brakes it looks like it wouldn't be too much of a PITA.

Curse you, now I am thinking about it! ;)

If only the DC area got some real snow... and I had a place to have fun w/ the snow.

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
kts262 said:
I had no idea how to do a brake swap, but after looking at Nick's install guide of the 6Gun ball joint extenders and seeing him swap the brakes it looks like it wouldn't be too much of a PITA.

If only the DC area got some real snow... and I had a place to have fun w/ the snow.

drive up north a little. :)

oh and Josh @ Import Image (the guy to go to for Enkei stuff). Is tracking down some fitment stuff for us. :)

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
kts262 said:
So are you going to pay for my mortgage when I'm broke from doing this little swap? ;)
nope. :)

·
Poor Speed Racer
4,432 Posts
kts262 said:

Anything dealiner with the newer subaru brakes is SUPER easy. our pads are held in by two rods, our calipers are held on by to bolts... and you can have the entire caliper off, dust sheild off and access to the hub in 15 min :D

gawd i love out cars :)... the same cannot be said for my 944

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
spazegun2213 said:
Anything dealiner with the newer subaru brakes is SUPER easy. our pads are held in by two rods, our calipers are held on by to bolts... and you can have the entire caliper off, dust sheild off and access to the hub in 15 min :D

gawd i love out cars :)... the same cannot be said for my 944
Heck man, if you're really in a hurry you can have the wheel bearings swapped out in less than 30 minutes for each side.

This applies to '04.5 and newer only. :D

·
The Hoff Fan Club, member #001
9,936 Posts
yea i've taken off the front brembo's before and it's really not a big deal. not sure about the rears though, but i doubt they are much harder.

·
Premium Member
9,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ROFL!!! boost for a second there i thought you got ANOTHER set of wheels... lol.. I was about to call you, me lol
Not just yet, but rest assured I will be adding more wheels to the collection in the near future...

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
looks hawt

1 - 20 of 35 Posts