1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
prolly like never!

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
just kidden, but i was told that it can take up to 2 years if it shows at the show, considering its like a car show and its not in production. kinda like a concept if enough people like it then they will produce.....But im sure in due time it will show up here

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So i guess there's no point in waiting then huh??

·
Registered
454 Posts
I'm still waiting, because I definitely want some of those gauges. They match the STi interior perfectly, can't think of anything else that would look better.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
same here. I'm ready to buy now and nothing else out there comes close to matching the OEM cluster.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Do they sweep upon start up like the STi gauges? I thought they did, but cannot recall right now. If they do and they really match the STI well, I am going to have a tough decision between these and a PSI3 SECS data moniter.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Nivek - yeah, they sweep at start-up. From what I understand they are identical to the white backlit BF series, only red backlighting. There is a vendor over at NASIOC who has a line on them, but is unsure of the timeline. I believe I heard a tentative guess of Summer '04. They sure do look sweet though....the only other gauges I know of that can match the STi's cluster are Omoris, and I've heard some sketchy things about their customer support in the US.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
The numbers and lines on the Omori are white and light up red. They only match at night.

The BF gauges are off totally until they are powered up and then they are red, matches the STi perfectly.

gary at www.gruppe-s.com was the vendor.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
id wait!!! they match perfectly, so u know our stock guages are defi!

·
Registered
219 Posts
The inside word is that Defi is actually taking Subaru to court over the way the gauges sweep and go through their start-up sequence. It turns out it wasn't authorized. Of course that could just be a rumor too ;)

Mario

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
If that's true I'll never buy or recommend a Defi guage. Like a guage sweep is something they can patent.... WTF, seriously.

·
Registered
282 Posts
In2Deep said:
The inside word is that Defi is actually taking Subaru to court over the way the gauges sweep and go through their start-up sequence. It turns out it wasn't authorized. Of course that could just be a rumor too ;)

Mario
That's weird, I though Defi made our STi gauge cluster? Did Subaru reprogram it on them or something?

It's definitely stupid if it is happening.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
how is this happening? Defi made our guage cluster!

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
oh unless subaru, makes the guages and doesnt use defi's name then i can see a lawsuit, becasue that would be more of a fraudulant aspect.? of copying and not referncing unless im not speaken correctly, please someone correct me if im wrong....

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
That's for a written work - if they put defi's name on guages that weren't defi's, I'm quite certain they would be in a lot more trouble than they may be in now....

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
true

1 - 20 of 32 Posts