IW STi Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
I can appreciate a design that battles IAT, if this is truly the case. I also can appreciate something quieter than my Cobb intake. I had no idea it would be so annoying loud inside the cabin. I could care less what it sounds like outside.

I would actually prefer a dry non washable/re-usable filter that we s affordable for frequent changes. I, myself, don’t believe any washable filter will ever flow and filter as well as it does when new.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
This looks pretty sweet but i can definitely see it being real expensive lol. I wonder how this will compare to a typical fender well cold air intake system.

·
Registered
91 Posts
If you come from a factory intake it might be worth the price. But if you already spent hundreds on another it’s money out the window.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
They can take my money 🤣

Similar design in comparison to the OEM S209 intake. I apologize for the poor picture quality, it was the best that I could find.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
And some more S209 intake pictures courtesy of @ajsti24 :

Thanks for sharing!

Attachments

Reactions: ajsti24

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The S209 intake is completely sealed in comparison to the Cobb Redline intake:

S209:

Cobb:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
They've confirmed that CARB certification is in progress and that the intake uses the same MAF housing as their older SF intake so there shouldn't be any need to re-tune MAF scaling and it'll work with their existing OTS maps.

·
Registered
610 Posts
The COBB design actually reminded me of the SYMS carbon fiber front half airbox.

The SYMS has optional door opening located inside the fender - which by design is meant to add a secondary path for air to get into the airbox. SYMS design also has its snorkle as an integral part of the front half of the airbox.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I wonder what the cabinet noise will be like in comparison to the SF with box?
I found the SF a tad bit loud at times.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I wonder what the cabinet noise will be like in comparison to the SF with box?
I found the SF a tad bit loud at times.
That's why I'll likely be buying this intake :) It has an optionally sealed end-cap.. shouldn't be much louder than stock. And you can always remove it if you want it to be a bit louder.

·
Registered
610 Posts
It should be quieter than the SF + airbox even with the bottom door being open.

And should be very quiet with it closed based on some of the S209 video that I saw.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Found a video on YouTube. It looks great.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks for the video.
The only thing I see being a problem is the foam gaskets. Once you take the intake apart, more than likely you will need to replace them, also how well are they going to hold up to the heat?
Defiantly looks nice!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts