IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snail Performance posted this photo from SEMA.

Cobb "Redline STI 2015+ Carbon Fiber SF Intake System". It looks similar to the S209's conical intake design.

A sealed intake system like this could offer better performance and heat management while also keeping the noise down :tup:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It appears to be in the very early stages of development.. maybe even 3D printed :lol:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Getting closer to production.

Reactions: JFAZ and dlheman

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks intense. The price tag might be just as crazy lol
My guess is ~$800 +/- based on Cobb's other Redline Carbon Fiber intake systems. Hopefully under $1k.

Reactions: erosti2015

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Some more teasers...

Here's to hoping that it's CARB certified and they can take my money.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Unless its going to help make considerably more power, which it won't, what's the point?
Some will buy it because it's the "best" that Cobb has to offer.. others will buy it for the carbon fiber appearance/bling factor alone.

Some, like myself, will consider it because it's a better engineered product. It appears to be a mostly sealed conical unit constructed of carbon fiber & other non-metallic materials with low thermal conductivity. That will help combat radiant heat transfer to aid in reducing IATs. It should also result in conservative induction noise levels for those of us that prefer a more mild, mature sound.

A mostly sealed air box force fed by a larger frontal inlet duct creates more of a true "cold air intake" further reducing pre-turbo intake temperatures. While this may only provide marginal peak gains, but more importantly, it should provide more consistent power output as it should better resist heat soak than its metallic counterpart (with a more open design).

Hopefully it comes with a quality washable/reusable dry flow (non-oiled) air filter.

I may try this intake instead of the OEM S209 intake on my upcoming twin scroll VF58 (S208) conversion for my '19 STI. I think it would still compliment my OEM+ theme very nicely!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Depending on the price, but I want one if by using this COBB intake allows me to make the same power but less boost.

That's if I can make it fit to my GV.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts