IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a deal below invoice on a 2006 STI but the car has 280 miles on it. It is the color and has the options I want. The car was not a return or demo but was originally driven to dealer as a trade that fell through and back again accounting for the high mileage. The sales manager claimed that the vehicle was driven by a long standing employee yada yada yada..... Should I be hesitant? I am planning on having them put it on a lift for me to inspect. I have heard both sides about a cars break-in. Has anyone elso bought a new STI with similar mileage? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
well,, first thing the dealer trade guy does when he gets on the highway is use the cruise control.. they usually have a retired senior citizen do the dealertrades and they do that a lot. my dealer did a dealertrade for my sti and because of this, i went with the dude and drove my car back with him sitting in the passenger seat. If i were in your shoes, i wouldn't buy it unless they sell it VERY cheap because its got a lot of milage and the 07's are about to come out VERRRRY soon

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
flytojungho said:
well,, first thing the dealer trade guy does when he gets on the highway is use the cruise control.. they usually have a retired senior citizen do the dealertrades and they do that a lot. my dealer did a dealertrade for my sti and because of this, i went with the dude and drove my car back with him sitting in the passenger seat. If i were in your shoes, i wouldn't buy it unless they sell it VERY cheap because its got a lot of milage and the 07's are about to come out VERRRRY soon

Loaded out the door for $33,500

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any new drivetrain changes fro 07'

·
I'm Jim Halpert
8,245 Posts
DONT BUY IT! i had to do a dealer trade as well when i got my sti. i specifically requested to ride along with their "long standing" employee when he went to get my sti. well we drove up in a manual forester and i have to say that employee beat the crap outta the forrester. he was going up to like 5k - 5.5k on shifts and he stalled more than twice. he sucked ass at driving and grinded gears a couple of times too. i was very disgusted by this and was happily relieved when he told me i could drive my sti back from the other dealer. its up to u but i personally wouldnt buy that sti with 280 miles on it. just my .02

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
280 miles is not alot, but its not called used either just my .02 cents

·
Banned
1,277 Posts
tell him 33 out the door ... or NO deal , he will prolly say yea ... i think you should take tha deal . im actually trying to get myself a 2006 sti and every dealer is telling me 34 otd .. some say 35 , and even one said 38 .. i said **** U and hung up , some dealers are a joke !!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the replies you guys are great.

·
Registered
361 Posts
34 OTD is a good deal, depending on the taxes. That's the deal I just got. There might have been a little more room there to play, but it wasn't worth it time wise to me for try to bang away for another few hundred dollars...

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
crand002 said:
Loaded out the door for $33,500

youve gotta be kidding me,

i got mine pretty much loaded out the DOOR WITH 3.6 MILES FOR 33150

walk away, or pay about 2000 less

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
scubadiver424 said:
youve gotta be kidding me,

i got mine pretty much loaded out the DOOR WITH 3.6 MILES FOR 33150

walk away, or pay about 2000 less
Is that with taxes?

·
Registered
2019 WRX
4,512 Posts
I got my 05 last august with 211 miles on it, with upgraded security, wheel locks, and short shifter for 33,343 plus NJ tax. :rolleyes: I was desperate for STi flowing through my blood, so i had to settle with silver bbs :lol:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts