IW STi Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Smokin' Deal! SoJDM.com has a new Braille Lightweight Racing Battery Special. Buy a Braille Battery for $157.99 and for $1.00 more, get your choice of one of the following items:

JDM STi Pink Sport Oil Filter
JDM Sti Auto Intercooler Switch
JDM Sti Hazard Switch
Fumoto Oil Drain Valve
FilterMag Oil Filter Magnet.

Hey, that's not all. You get your choice of the original Braille Lightweight Racing Battery (B14115) or the Braille All-Season Lightweight Racing Battery (B2015) !!!!!! Either for $157.99!!!! What a deal -the B14115 lists for $175.00 and the B2015 for $189.00. SoJDm, bringing it to ya'.

OH! Did I mention - FREE SHIPPING in the US.

Check it out here: http://www.sojdm.com/productcart/pc/viewSpc_h.asp

·
Registered
705 Posts
Quick question before I order :) What is the difference between the 2 batteries. I live in Missouri so winters here are cold. Should I get the all season?

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
I would say it isn't a bad idea to just go ahead and get the all season. The cold cranking amps are usually higher which helps with the cold winter starts.

·
Registered
705 Posts
How about a dead pedal instead of any of the other items?

·
I'm a know it all. Ask me anything!
250 Posts
so tempting what a great idea to offer up a lil gift. jump all over this guys, usually for that price you just get the battery!

·
Premium Member
14,726 Posts
How long is this deal going to last?

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I checked with management and they said I could add the Dead Pedal. So now it's included.

The sale will last the month of March.

Shipping to Canada will be $24.95.

Attached should be the specifications for each battery.

Attachments

·
Registered
588 Posts
Q. If you have a system in your car (2 amps+ small sub, no mega wattage), can you run with this battery? Of course not planning on playing them when the engine if off. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
bump for a great deal. i hate being in college!!! anyone want to buy futures in my expected worth??

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We have people that do so. But nobody sits with the engine off and listens to their powerhouse stereo.

The B2015 does give you a deeper reserve if you do that once in a while.

rockD said:
Q. If you have a system in your car (2 amps+ small sub, no mega wattage), can you run with this battery? Of course not planning on playing them when the engine if off. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,556 Posts
if you store your car in the winter Nov/Dec though March/April....will this battery require special care? Or will a standard trickle charger work fine?

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
bah: During winters I put mine though a Battery Tender, and it works like a charm. Just my 2 cents.

Great to know about the all season Braille :) ... Weighs only 3-4 more pounds, and offers 425CCA. Nice.

·
Premium Member
3,556 Posts
Rev said:
bah: During winters I put mine though a Battery Tender, and it works like a charm. Just my 2 cents.
Rev, you just leave the battery connected to the car and attach the external battery tender, right?

many thanks for the insight. Can assume that your "battery tender" vs my "trickle charger" is merely a battle of semantics?

I think they are one in the same.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
bah14 said:
Rev, you just leave the battery connected to the car and attach the external battery tender, right?

many thanks for the insight. Can assume that your "battery tender" vs my "trickle charger" is merely a battle of semantics?

I think they are one in the same.
I take off the Braille out and plug it in to this :

It's the same I use for my motorcycles. It's, like you said, a trickle charger (charges only when the battery voltage at the terminals drop beyond a certain level).

I've been using my Braille like this for around 2 years. I take it off for winter, and swap to the stock lead acid battery.

Even though it cranks fine in cold weather, when it gets to the single digits, it takes a lot more effort to start the car. I would say anything above 20F and you're fine. I just put it back in, and we're in the mid 30s right now.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What "Rev" said. For any battery that is stored for longer than a month or so, I would recommend a trickle charger like the Battery Tender or any other trickle charger that is smart enough to shut down when full charge is reached and to re-start when voltage falls below a pre-determined point.

ender
bah14 said:
if you store your car in the winter Nov/Dec though March/April....will this battery require special care? Or will a standard trickle charger work fine?

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.