IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
boost cut?

Picked mine up on 12-15-03... I am already amazed with this car. I had an Audi S4 and it couldn't compare :D I can't wait to get 1000 miles on the clock and start to really unwind her. I put a stereo in yesterday.. Kenwood 6022 HU, Sirius System, RF component set in front doors and 2 Massive 10" subs/ Amp in the trunk (basically I told the stereo shop what type of music I listen to and let them decide what to go with) Looks/sounds good...... Anyway, I'm new to the forum so I wanted to say hi!

I was wondering, are there any other motorcycle riders/racers on this forum?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Oh, since you mentioned motorcycles, I got a quick question. What would you recommend for a "beginner bike” I am about to purchase my first bike, and would like to hear what experienced riders think is a good starter bike.

Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys, thanks for the welcome.. I live in Johnson City.. I work at a Motorcycle shop and Race motorcycles full time in the spring/summer/early fall.

I would reccomend getting a Suzuki SV650 or something similair. I would not reccomend going out and getting a 600CC Supersport bike and definately do not reccomend getting 1000CC superbike until you've got a few years under your belt. I have a couple Yamaha R6's that I race and I have a 2003 R1 for the street.

I haven't autocrossed since I had my Audi S4 but, would definately be interested in getting back into the sport. I race on alot of tracks that would be fun in a car (Road Atlanta, VIR, Barber, Mid Ohio, Laguna Seca, Sonoma.....) I haven't had a chance to take any good pics yet, it's been ugly here the last 2 days... here's one Ijust snapped of her sleeping in the garage

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's me doing what I love at North Florida Motorsports Park 2 weeks ago during some winter testing/practice (www.jenningsgp.com)

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
Sweet car! Thanks for the advice. You are one of the fortunate ones who get to do what they love for a living, its even better that you get to ride a motorcycle for a living! :D I am envious. :D What about the new FZ6 that is coming out? Isn’t it comparable to the SV650S, or is it a little much? I was also thinking about a Ninja 500.

·
Registered
270 Posts
who did your audio install?? i had Jason at Traffic Jams do mine, its sounds soooo sweet.
your car is the TWIN of mine. lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, the new FZ6 would probably be a decent starter bike. The big thing is to get something that you won't really worry about dropping because as a new rider you will drop it. Even if it's just forgetting to put the kickstand down when getting off you'll eventually drop it. The Fz6 is supposed to have a De-Tuned R6 motor so it would probably be fine. And the bar position would also be good for a newer rider. I see that you live in Birmingham, we raced there a couple months ago at Barber.. that is the most amazing track I've ever been to. Thanks for the compliments.. I hope to pick up some big sponsors this year, otherwise I may have to look at going back to a "Real" job....

STi_High, My friend own's Prosound in Elizabethton so I had them do it.. I even helped a little. We went from start to finish in 2.5 hours :D Oh, how much of the white stuff did you guys get last night? My driveway is completely covered,so I don't know if the STI will be going anywhere today :(

·
Registered
370 Posts
Liquidr1 said:
I see that you live in Birmingham, we raced there a couple months ago at Barber.. that is the most amazing track I've ever been to. Thanks for the compliments.. I hope to pick up some big sponsors this year, otherwise I may have to look at going back to a "Real" job....
I was actually going to ask you if you had been to the Barber track. Did you race in the AMA race back in September or was it another event? It is an amazing track and facility. George Barber is obsessed with making it one of the best. He is actually in the process of resurfacing it again, b\c of minor defects in small areas of the track.

Good Luck with your sponsors, hopefully you can continue to do what you love!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was there with WERA the week before the AMA guys were there. That track was second to none. I did notice that the inside line on Turn 4 (Tight left hander) was quite bumpy and there were some sealer strips in pretty un-nerving places. I'll be back down there early spring... I'll let you know when and get you some pit passes if you're interested in coming and hanging out.

Thanks man, Hopefully all will go well :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
took a crappy pic or two today... damn snow makes it hard to keep a car clean. I got the windows tinted yesterday and had a stereo installed last weekend :)

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I couldn't step back any further or I would have been laying on the pool cover :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My friend owns Prosound a stere/tint shop and he owed me a favor, but, I can get yours tinted pretty cheap (compared to the prices of other shops in the area) if you're interested... Prosound stands by their work, if it bubbles or anything they won't hesitate to re-tint for you.

·
Registered
354 Posts
sorry for the off topic..but heres the bike i learned on couple years ago..pretty fast for a 600 had up to 137 then i let off too much tunnel vision..

its for sale btw..if anyones interested feel free to email me at [email protected]

still gotta get the pics of my sti up with the new gunmetal rims ..looks sweet

Chris
04 STi
Silver/Gunmetal

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
not sure still trying to get an appointment. theres a guy in my area who is really good so im trying to get him to do it. hes really busy at the moment so ill have to wait a little while..i think it should be around 200-250 to do it..i payd 225 for my talon like 4 years ago..hopefully it wont be much more than that

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice STi!! Yes I ride bikes as well. This summer will be my third season. I have been thinking of doing some WERA events as well. Went to Barber this year for the AMA race and you are right, that track is absolutely amazing. A buddy and myself are planning on doing a track day their in April with our cars. He has a new Z and I have my STi. Should be a blast. If you want the details I will shoot them your way. It is good to have another motorcycle rider on the forums!!! Oh I have a GSXR600 02 model. Love the bike to death. Although the STi is a ton of fun, no cage can ever compare to the thrill of a sport bike

Rock On

Rocky

1 - 20 of 20 Posts