IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
pwn n00bs
18,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i only saw one thread about them and it was a vendor selling them to which no one responded.

but defi added a blue racer gauge?

i saw better pics in the super street mag, pretty nice if you want something different.
they look like the replacements for the d gauge....and these seem to do all the crazy opening and closing things, but do not need a control unit.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I can't see STi people buying these...
The red just matches too perfectly to bother with these.

·
pwn n00bs
18,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea but this is for people who do not want to spend that kind of money..
they have a blue series for the bf lineup, but not in the US.

having no control unit isn't THAT bad...because a majority of the time, you will put the gorund, power, and illum of the gauge wires all together...
then send the sensors off.

·
pwn n00bs
18,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pt518sti said:
I can't see STi people buying these...
The red just matches too perfectly to bother with these.
some people like to spice it up with a different color/not spend as much.

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
i like the CU, it looks clean

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
VSGTS14 said:
some people like to spice it up with a different color/not spend as much.
I didn't realize they were cheaper..
How much cheaper are we talking?

·
Registered
692 Posts
calisti said:
If they end up making these in red w/o using the control unit and same pricing would be great.
I wish they came in red also. I kind of like the control unit though.

I dislike blue gauges/instruments/etc. Blue, IMO, is way too bright of a color and distracts the eyes at night.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Didnt Defi have the D-series gauge that came without a control unit and matched the STi interior? If I remember correctly also, they came in 52mm so you can throw them right around the steering wheel. Thats what Defi should come back with, why they ever stopped em before I could buy em makes me mad, :mad: :lol:

·
pwn n00bs
18,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
MeoW71 said:
I wish they came in red also. I kind of like the control unit though.

I dislike blue gauges/instruments/etc. Blue, IMO, is way too bright of a color and distracts the eyes at night.
actually red's frequency is a lot higher than blue, making red the brighter color.

plus, i doubt they are that bright.

·
pwn n00bs
18,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
uncle lewie said:
Didnt Defi have the D-series gauge that came without a control unit and matched the STi interior? If I remember correctly also, they came in 52mm so you can throw them right around the steering wheel. Thats what Defi should come back with, why they ever stopped em before I could buy em makes me mad, :mad: :lol:
yes, but they lit up ORANGE...i had boost and egt in my wrx...they were not bright at all and did not feature the opening and closing thing.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
VSGTS14 said:
yes, but they lit up ORANGE...i had boost and egt in my wrx...they were not bright at all and did not feature the opening and closing thing.
Ahh, thank you for clearing that up. In my wrx I had the greddy gauges, matched the background perfectly.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts