IW STi Forum banner

121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
how does the wiring work with these leds? How do you convert from your stock bulbs to LED's?
Literally plug and play with OEM harness. Take out old tail lights, unplug it. Plug in new tail lights, put tail lights back onto car.

I already have a LED relay to avoid that due to my front switchbacks. Did you have to do any custom wiring or was it a plug and play to the existing harness?
It comes with a heatsink to avoid the rapid flash. I only installed the tail lights with no heat sink, no LED relay. They do not rapid flash, or give off any warning lights on dash. (unless you have LED front turn signals then i can see it hyper flashing, but just with the tail lights, nothing.)

These things are bright, nothing like those cheap aftermarket LED tail lights you see on certain cars.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Literally plug and play with OEM harness. Take out old tail lights, unplug it. Plug in new tail lights, put tail lights back onto car.

It comes with a heatsink to avoid the rapid flash. I only installed the tail lights with no heat sink, no LED relay. They do not rapid flash, or give off any warning lights on dash. (unless you have LED front turn signals then i can see it hyper flashing, but just with the tail lights, nothing.)

These things are bright, nothing like those cheap aftermarket LED tail lights you see on certain cars.
Great to know its plug and play and that they are bright!:tup: Please post some pics when you get a chance! :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Fastwrx.com now stocks them. I'm not affiliated with them just giving you guys a heads up so you dont have to wait 20 days from Japan and spend $5xx like i did.

Tried to catch a picture with parking lights on, reverse and hazards. Obviously LED on left, and Stock on the right.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
nice! $429 isn't TOO bad, still a bit expensive for me to spend on tail lights. They look good! wish I could see them in person and experience he actual brightness, hard to see from pictures.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Just installed the smoked ones on my hatchback yesterday. Purchased from fastwrx. Here's a few pics for you guys.

The night pics are tough. So damn bright my camera phone just couldn't handle it no matter what angle I shot from.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Or even a car that did have them already haha. Does anyone know if the hatch version is plug and play or just the sedan? I don't understand how the center lights on the hatch get their tail light lead unless it's tapped from somewhere. There's no way in hell I'm paying 600 bucks if it's not fully plug n play. I still wish they'd come up with a "diffuser bar" style ala all the german cars, it's just not different enough to me to warrant it. Maybe if they were actually made from red plastic, but didn't someone say they look like they are tinted or painted in an aftermarket fashion?

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Sedan are plug and play because all functionality is already there.

For hatch , you need to run a constant voltage and a brake voltage to the new inner lights since all that is there now is reverse. The outer lights are plug and play. Everything you need comes in the kit including enough wire and the instructions to do what you need.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Or even a car that did have them already haha. Does anyone know if the hatch version is plug and play or just the sedan? I don't understand how the center lights on the hatch get their tail light lead unless it's tapped from somewhere. There's no way in hell I'm paying 600 bucks if it's not fully plug n play. I still wish they'd come up with a "diffuser bar" style ala all the german cars, it's just not different enough to me to warrant it. Maybe if they were actually made from red plastic, but didn't someone say they look like they are tinted or painted in an aftermarket fashion?
I just installed the smoke ones on my hatchback. They do not look "tinted" in the sense that it doesn't look like one of those ugly tint film jobs. It really does look like the lenses were made in that smoked color. And I'm positive the red ones look the same way. There's no way they can look as good as they do in person and be just "painted" or "tint film" or whatever.

As far as the plug and play, Noximus is spot on. It took me all of 45 minutes to install them all. It would have been less if I wasn't stopping to take pictures and drinking beer. But hey, it's Mardi Gras time here in Louisiana, what am I to do?

The outer lights are absolutely plug and play. The inner lights are super simple, really. If you have hands, fingers, a 10mm extended socket and a pair of pliers you can do this project after a 6 pack of beer with ease. It comes with all the wires and the splice connectors that you need. I would just recommend getting t-tap connectors in case you ever need to disconnect them in the future. But the ones they come with work just fine.

So it's nearly all plug and play except for 2 easy wire splices. So simple even a cave man can do it. Or even a Canadian like Noximus.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was really tired of the original clear tail lights so I bought the Valenti ones in red. Took about 6-7 weeks to receive because they were back order. I really like it and it makes the back of the car look younger. Installation was pretty easy and fitment is perfect. You'll find all the instructions you need on the internet because the instructions in the box are in japanese. The reverse lights and the turn signal lights are way brighter with these... Very happy with the result.
IMG_1552 - Copie.JPG IMG_1566 - Copie.jpg

121 - 138 of 138 Posts