IW STi Forum banner

81 - 100 of 418 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
WOW .... I went ot my dealer with print out from net for about $423 and they sold it too me at that price instantly (they said $499 on phone). Wish I had seen OP before ....$375, o well.

If you any good mechanically you should be able to install, someone needs to post instructions, wish i had not left at dealer, sorry.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Any feedback or impressions?
I think is and will remain to be one of the best oem mods for this car. After having it for a few days all I can say I that I love every minute of it and that the car should have came this way. the car sounds perfect, now if the volume went up to 50 I would be in hevan!
I know I said id post instructions after work yesterday I totally forgot, I got cought up. I just put a reminder in my phone and will do it today.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I really want to know if this can be made to work with the under seat sub...then you would have a pretty complete system.

-Underseat for mid
-Kicker for low

I know it says it doesn't work...but I'm hoping someone on here has a solution when they come out :)

I just found out this morning that when they installed the kicker sub, they never removed the underseat sub. BOTH are working, they use 2 different harnesses. Also, I have the Nav unit.

·
Registered
322 Posts
^hmmmmmmmm I might be getting a underseat sub.

do you know how to adjust the kicker sub??????

The only way you can adjust the kicker from what I see is the Nav. But the underseat is adjustable. There was nothing to adjust on the built in amp or sub for the kicker.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I tried adjusting it from the nav, Didn't do anything. I dropped it down to -10 and than up to 10 no difference. It sounds great though!

·
Registered
902 Posts
I called my dealership and the best they could do is 425 since their cost is 374.99. I called Heuberger and ordered their last 4 door non nav one they had in stock. After shipping it was 408.

It's pricey, but I love the idea of a plug and play setup.

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
The last one?????? UGGH … any 11" left?. I have to find someone to install one first. No :censored: way am I paying $250 + for the stealer to do it.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I tried adjusting it from the nav, Didn't do anything. I dropped it down to -10 and than up to 10 no difference. It sounds great though!
You are not adjusting it in the right place...that is the EQ.

Under 'audio' there is a button called speakers...go into that menu and you should see the option to adjust the balance of the speakers.

Next to that is an option to turn on/off the sub along with the sub level.

It is a scale from 0-10

·
Registered
902 Posts
The last one?????? UGGH … any 11" left?. I have to find someone to install one first. No :censored: way am I paying $250 + for the stealer to do it.
Just got an e-mail the last one was sold, they have more coming in early/mid next week.

They aren't really 11", they are 10", probably just mislabeled on the site.

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
anyone with a non-nav have this yet? Is there an adjustment on the unit for the non-nav models?
^^^^^^^ what you said………………… I was just at the dealer showing them the printout and price. Still $499.99 and $250 ++ for the install.

·
Registered
300 Posts
^^^^^^^ what you said………………… I was just at the dealer showing them the printout and price. Still $499.99 and $250 ++ for the install.
I will tell you at about noon PST tomorrow 9 am install appt.

And I know i said it already but your dealer is REALLY terrible, I would NEVER go to them ever again even for a $5 part.

·
Registered
75 Posts
You are not adjusting it in the right place...that is the EQ.

Under 'audio' there is a button called speakers...go into that menu and you should see the option to adjust the balance of the speakers.

Next to that is an option to turn on/off the sub along with the sub level.

It is a scale from 0-10
LOL that Subwoofer setting is just window dressing, it doesn't do anything. There aren't even wires in the harness for the sub pre-out. The subwoofer is just tapped off the front speaker wires. It seems that the Kenwood unit has some features that Subaru didn't utilize and the sub pre-out is one of them.

The Kicker might be different but the compatibility is described as 08-11 so unless it includes terminals to snap into harnesses and magically enable the non-nav radios to come with sub pre-out, it likely just taps off of speaker level as well.

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
I will tell you at about noon PST tomorrow 9 am install appt.

And I know i said it already but your dealer is REALLY terrible, I would NEVER go to them ever again even for a $5 part.
I knew I was :censored: when the salesman kept reminding me about the questionare to be filled out. The second closest dealer is about 20 miles. I could go there and say I'm sorry I didn't buy the car from you.:D

81 - 100 of 418 Posts