IW STi Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

SUSPENSION

Recent inventory arrived. Cash prices. Send your zip code with shipping quotes to [email protected] along with the items you are interested in purchasing. We are required by law to collect sales tax from California residents. We will continue to update this thread with the products, so come back to see more...

STi Pink Springs (14 sets in stock): $369.99
STi Group N Strut Top Hats (9 sets in stock): $297.99
Package Deal for 1 set of each: $639.99

Newly Released Upgrades:

2004 Lightweight Aluminum Lateral Links with Pillow Ball Suspension (1 set in stock): Normally $529 (in stock price), discounted to $499.

2005 Lightweight Aluminum Lateral Links with Pillow Ball Suspension (1 set in stock): Normally $529 (in stock price), discounted to $499.

2005 Installed:

The new aluminum Sti links not only feature upgraded pillowball bushings for increased responsiveness and sharper cornering, but also a lightweight aluminum design keeping unsprung weight to a minimum.

Each link only weighs a mere 1.8 lbs due to the aluminum construction.

Nobody can beat OEM engineering and design.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 2005 STi stock comes with aluminum lateral links with rubber bushings. The upgrades for the 2005 comes with the upgraded pillow ball supension which elimates the flex of the stock rubber bushings, improving handling, alignment, and performance.

The 2004 STi stock comes with steel lateral links with rubber bushings. In the past, 2004 owners could only upgrade to the STi pink lateral links which were steel and had upgraded pillow ball joints. With the new 2004 lightweight lateral links, they can upgrade to the aluminum lateral links as well. These upgrades are not only aluminum with pillowball joints, but also much beefier. This upgrade elimates the flex of the stock rubber bushings and reduces unsprung mass, improving handling, alignment, and performance just like the 2005 upgrades.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you are serious about weight consider lightweight rotors. Not only will they reduce unsprung weight, but also will unleash the STi's torque.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
If you are serious about weight consider lightweight rotors. Not only will they reduce unsprung weight, but also will unleash the STi's torque.

any rotors, specifically, in mind?? (to keep the oem brembos i mean)

thnx

ES

·
Registered
147 Posts
Forgive me if I am wrong but I think I read a post on here that said the O5's come with these already?? They are just painted with some black rust prevent stuff. I just scraped some off of mine to make sure. Could someone please correct me if Im wrong cause if not.....this could be my first mod after i get my defi's

Ease

·
Registered
147 Posts
Forgive me if I am wrong but I think I read a post on here that said the O5's come with these already?? They are just painted with some black rust prevent stuff. I just scraped some off of mine to make sure. Could someone please correct me if Im wrong cause if not.....this could be my first mod after i get my defi's

Ease

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ease,

The 05s come with aluminum links. The 04s do not come with aluminum links.

The 05 upgrades offer pillow ball joints which eliminate the flex in the stock suspension due to the stock rubber bushings. The NEWLY RELEASED 04 upgrades offer not only the pillow ball joints, but alos the ability to go from steel to aluminum. In the past, the 04s could upgrade to the pillow ball suspension, but that suspension was still made of steel. Now the 04s can take advantage of the same aluminum construction that come standard on the 05s while also upgrading to the pillow ball suspension.

·
Registered
36 Posts
hey kevin,

do the 2004 aluminum lateral links allow you to use the stock sway bar or do they require a switch to the 02-03 style sway like the 6-piece pink sti lateral link set? they look like they have the older style "boxes" for the endlinks.

thanks,

jeff

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Bush: Say goodbye to middle class overtime:

Jeff,

Until we supply a unit to someone, we do not know for sure. I am also asking a friend in Japan if he can look into it for me and see if he can learn of any information about this.

I have a CUSCO adjustable sway bar ready to ship to someone if they buy this and it requires the wrx sway bar like the 6 piece. Since I have the STi pinks, I may try this myself in the next few days.

·
Registered
410 Posts
bdi said:

Ease
not sure if they are the same parts or not but aluminum doesn't rust.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts