IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow. I've had the car for a year(8500 miles). I never had a boost gauge until yesterday. I also added a CBE and Cobb Short Ram. I took it out to test the accuracy of the gauges(defi). At first i was weirded out. I was like WTF? i was hitting around half of the STi's full boost(7.5 or so of the full 14.5 psi). Then i just mashed on the gas pedal, and shifted a lot quicker to the next gear, and mashed it again, shifted, and so on. I hit fulll boost, the gauge hit the target boost mark to a tee. I know I have hit it before. However, I have come to the realization that I rarely push the car, i rarely mash on the gas. I should do it more often. I guess I never realized that i can hit the gas down so much more than i do....oh well...stupid story. Just wanted to share it.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Ohhhh...I can't WAIT for my Cobb Stage 2 Protuned!! Just a few more days and I'll be in your shoes!

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
I am of the opinion that you need to mash the gas at least every once in a while and let 'er rip. If you are just lolly gagging all day and molly coddling the car you are not saving gas but making a waste of the 12-15 grand you paid over a civic of the same year. Make time in your schedule for a back road or two or an autocross or two and enjoy all the performance you paid for.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Tortfeasor STi said:
If you are just lolly gagging all day and molly coddling the car you are not saving gas but making a waste of the 12-15 grand you paid over an RS/2.5I of the same year. Make time in your schedule for a back road or two and an autocross or two and enjoy all the performance you paid for.
Fixed. :tup:

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
I usually putt putt around, however, you do have to open 'er up occassionally, to burn the carbon out of the turbo.

The last part is a lie, but it sounds good.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Since this thread is truckin' along I just have to say.

I tear my STi apart.. I visit every notch on the Tach. every day.

I was always under the impression that the car was built for that. :)

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Whitford said:
Since this thread is truckin' along I just have to say.

I tear my STi apart.. I visit every notch on the Tach. every day.

I was always under the impression that the car was built for that. :)

Damn right! That's how it should be driven ;).

I enjoy mashing the pedal often, but it is nice to keep some fuel in the tank as well.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I had no idea that the gas pedal had anything between either all the way up, or all the way down.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.