IW STi Forum banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
I was in Crystal city. Mile and a half from the Pentagon. I saw the smoke from the hit and burnt pieces of paper raining down afterwards. While sitting in traffic waiting to leave the area, I heard the sonic boom from the fighters on their way to intercept the flight that went down in Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
I recall my boss at Fidelity saying "what's the big deal?" This was at least an hour after it happened and kept on working. I'll never understand that mentality. I couldn't work... I couldn't take my eyes off the TV in the lobby. I still look at the clock at 9:11 and think of this day every time I see it.

There some undeniable truths that were learned that day. Some people in this world can be incredibly cruel and others can be so incredibly kind. There were those that flew these planes into towers to kill and there were others that gave their lives to crash a plane so others would not be killed.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I was in the San Diego airport heading out-of-town for a job interview. Boarding ticket in hand sitting in the lounge waiting for the boarding call. Noticed people gathering up around a TV screen. Walked over to catch network coverage after the first plane hit the tower. Was standing there among a few dozen stunned & confused people when we all saw that 2nd plane fly into the other tower live on TV.

Nobody was leaving the airport lounge area and nobody was even thinking about what the deal was with flight delays..... I don't even recall thinking about why I was at the airport and could care less that my job interview trip was in jeopardy.

Most everyone was speculating it HAD TO BE TERRORISM and you could feel the "group think" mentality growing among us all growing in sorrow, disbelief and ANGER!!!

Was still standing in the crowd in the airport when the news came of an airplane hitting the Pentagon. We all said to each other "stand-by for news of another plane going into the U.S. Capital or White House."

There is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that the 4th highjacked plane was going to target one of those places.

So I say not only GOD BLESS those who died & sacrificed their lives in NYC and at the Pentagon....... but may God Truly Honor those brave Americans who said "No More" and beat back the bastards on United 93. They were true heroes that day.

·
Registered
13,104 Posts
Wirelessly posted

I think about Porsche's when I see 9:07, 9:11, 9:17, 9:28, 9:30, and 7:02.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
I was in 3rd grade when this happened. I went home and saw my dad staring at the tv and he said, "son a plane has crashed into the world trade center". And i said "ok", I had no idea what the World trade center was. So I went to my room to watch some ninga turtles and then my mom comes home crying. I never understood why she was crying until about 5th grade. Turns out she was suppose to be their that day with the company she works for...Marsh And Meclinen...Her flight got canceled at the last second on 9-9-01, but they had a total of 300+ co-workers die that day...

I don't know what to believe, I've seen all these videos about how our government did it, and then some videos about how it was terrorists. I don't really care. It happened, with technology these days and knowing the right people and having the right amount of power, you can say,"well why not, lets blow it up"....God I have so many racist comments to say, but im not...

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I was in 3rd grade when this happened. I went home and saw my dad staring at the tv and he said, "son a plane has crashed into the world trade center". And i said "ok", I had no idea what the World trade center was. So I went to my room to watch some ninga turtles and then my mom comes home crying. I never understood why she was crying until about 5th grade. Turns out she was suppose to be their that day with the company she works for...Marsh And Meclinen...Her flight got canceled at the last second on 9-9-01, but they had a total of 300+ co-workers die that day...

I don't know what to believe, I've seen all these videos about how our government did it, and then some videos about how it was terrorists. I don't really care. It happened, with technology these days and knowing the right people and having the right amount of power, you can say,"well why not, lets blow it up"....God I have so many racist comments to say, but im not...
How old are you? 16?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I remember I was home sick with strep throat in....I wanna say 5th grade. I was sitting on the couch cuddled up in blankets wondering why the hell there was nothing but smoking buildings on every channel.

September 11th just confirmed for me what I knew all along: people are ****ed up.

·
Premium Member
4,121 Posts
Lost two cousins that day, and a ton of memories my wife and I had from staying in the marriott there. Worse part was I was sent to work the towers for the next 3 weeks supporting thr FBI. It was very hard for me over those weeks. Im sure for most that live across the country it probably didnt hit you as hard, but I will never forget it!

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Ace Bailey was an old friend … hell of a guy. He died on UA flight 175 into the WTC. I just got out of the shower and heard the news about a plane crash into the WTC. I told my wife that this wasn't an accident. A short while later at the skate shop, the first tower fell … Those MF'ers

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
God Bless America

Great work on Bin Laden kill but pressure must be kept on.

·
Registered
327 Posts
That was the day I decided I was going to join the army. And 4 years later, I did. And still currently serving today...

·
Registered
22 Posts
To all the troops: Please come home safely. Gd bless you and thank you from the bottom of my heart for serving this wonderful country of ours.

To all the families of the lost ones: My thoughts and prayers always go out to you and your loved ones. Never Forget.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
10 years so fast..........

Never Forget.........

·
Premium Member
9,013 Posts
Never forget. 343

·
Registered
17 Posts
Seems so real. Can still remember watching the tv in complete shock. No matter how much time passes we will never forget those who we lost on 9/11

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I remember being in my second period class, and my 11th grade history teacher came into the class room and said they are doing Kamikaze attacks on new york. Dude he was all hyped up.

41 - 60 of 95 Posts