IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for your loss........sometimes I think this starts to go away and we must never allow that to happen.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
I think about 9/11 every single time I see 9:11 on my clock. EVERY TIME. Its something I cannot forget. Are they going to rebuild and make the Freedom tower at all? I've heard rumors...anyone know?

·
Premium Member
4,595 Posts
I remember a period of time that there were alot of people who didn't want the images and footage shown because it was too disturbing and made people angry. I would like anyone to try and come up with a reasonable excuse to not be angry about this. I also remember both times I was deployed that there were some back in the states that questioned why we were fighting. Obviously they had forgotten or were among those who complained that we shouldn't be watching the footage. I have some very strong opinions on this but I don't want this to become NWS for language or recieve points for hurting someones feelings. Just don't ever forget this event and make sure your kids don't either.:usa:

Tguy
CW2 15 years active Army so far
OIF1 & OIF3

·
Registered
329 Posts
I also remember both times I was deployed that there were some back in the states that questioned why we were fighting. Obviously they had forgotten or were among those who complained that we shouldn't be watching the footage.
I question (past and present) why we were fighting there and my dad died in tower 2.

/zp

·
Premium Member
4,595 Posts
I question (past and present) why we were fighting there and my dad died in tower 2.

/zp
I am very sorry for your loss. This goes to show that there are many people everywhere that were and still are affected by this.

As far as the politics of it all it's not for me to delve into. While I may or may not agree with who and where we're fighting I think it would be agreed that the responsible parties and their support network need to be dealt with properly. I don't want to turn this into a debate since thats not the intent of this thread. Like I said before just don't ever forget.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
I was there two weeks before and took a picture of the skyline from the Staten Island ferry. Developed the pictures several weeks later and there are the towers. All those people gone.

·
Registered
10,953 Posts
My family, my son, my son's future children.....none of us will ever forget and never stop being angry. I will make sure of it.

Fly your flags high and proud today gentlemen.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I watched a piece of footage on TV today about 2 hours after the collapse of the towers. A firefighter was standing amidst the rubble in disbelief. The shrill sounds of beeping alarms can be heard piercing the air.

Apparently firefighters are equipped with motion sensors as part of their emergency kits. These sensors are designed so that if no movement occurs for 40 seconds they emit a constant alarm sound...that's heavy...

It's our duty to those who have died, those who have lost, those who are serving and to those who have lost loved ones in the service of their country to NEVER FORGET!

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
The sound of the 2nd plane hitting the WTC was unreal. The smell in the following weeks was something I'll never forget either. It was the only time I've ever seen NY'ers actually show emotion.

I'm glad to say I've been to the top of the WTC, it was on a total whim one day in HS when we cut class. I've also been to the top of the Statue of Liberty, now you can only go to the base.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Another anniversary is upon us..........solemn bump

·
Premium Member
9,013 Posts
Please keep fire and emergency services personnel in your thoughts tomorrow. 8:30 AM for a moment of silence. I'll be driving the engine at work and I am not sure what we have planned for the day.

:usa:

·
Registered
593 Posts
I was on a large acreage fire and when all aircraft was grounded nationwide, they shut down our airtankers as well.

I still can't really believe it happened.
Almost like a bad dream.

It's sad that there still no real memorial at the site.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts