IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I got the turbo an the shortblock replaced by Subaru when I first got the car an now the short block and the turbo now has about 50K on it and about two months ago I was driving it down the road went to do a pull and I missed 3rd got it in gear went to shift to 4th missed that then the car completely lost all power and turned off so i let it roll to a spot where i can tow it home and it would crank but no start. So from there i did some research and seen that i could of skipped timing and that is common so I ordered the gates racing timing belt kit replaced the pulley’s and the timing belt made sure that the timing was lined up and everything and then when I went to go start it it’s still had a crank but no start. So I was giving it a little bit of gas and then it finally turned on and it would only stay on if I had the throttle being played with . mind you car was running fine before all that!

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
Okay... did you confirm that you skipped timing before doing anything? Because if it did skip timing and bent a few valves, your car ain't going to run if you just replaced the timing components... You should've checked the timing marks and done a compression test first.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Be careful with that racing belt kit. It change interval is shorter than OEM.

Compression test and leak down test need be to ensure the motor is safe to diagnose. Its unclear if you over-revved or not.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I would do a compression and leak down test. I dont think we will be able to verify on here if this is mechanical over rev or not. LoL how did you miss 3rd and 4th gear :confused:

·
Registered
352 Posts
same as locally individual missed 4th and went into 2nd...or the guy at Costco always stalls my car when i get tires lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would do a compression and leak down test. I dont think we will be able to verify on here if this is mechanical over rev or not. LoL how did you miss 3rd and 4th gear :confused:
lmaoo! man i was trying to bang em then idk what happen lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts