IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we have just installed a new aluminium radiator so all good until we try to tighten a bolt.. bolt snaps off. This was the pipe that leads the coolant fluid into the radiator. I don’t know if there are parts out there that exist where we can just replace the piece we need instead of buying a whole new radiator again. If anyone has experience or information that could help us out, we would really appreciate it..
B348538F-2410-4552-B951-F71127D58554.jpeg

·
Registered
256 Posts
seems we are in the same boat i just broke my stock radiator at the upper hose. has 102k miles

but you have a couple options
1- buy a radiator from the dealer and drop it in
2- repair by welding the aluminum or taking to a shop
3- buy a better quality aluminum radiator and return that one

·
Registered
531 Posts
with the aftermarket radiators those are screw in fittings...get a small ez out in whats left and match it up with a new one from hardware store...unfortunately on the stock ones you have to get new radiator...I have heard you could plastic weld it but I haven't had any luck doing that

·
Registered
11 Posts
It seems it can be welded. See if you can find a good welder around your area. One old guy brought his Jeep to the shop for installation of the new set of tires, bilstein shocks plus alignment. He also got a new alum rad with at least 2 bolts snapped. Piece of cake from our local welder.

·
Super Moderator
8,656 Posts
Get the rest of the thread piece out and buy a better fitting to put in. It's probably 1/4" NPT, if I had to guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts