IW STi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,725 Posts
nandanrp said:
Ya, I used DAS once to move my old BMW. It's pretty pricey though, I think it was $800 from LA to Detroit.
That's about the going rate. Try Reliable also, as they carry a ton of vehicles across the country.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
DRIVE IT :devil:

·
Registered
833 Posts
i used DAS before and it can get real expensive real quick if you opt for enclosed,top loaded etc, if you dont in seattle you will unload a oil streeked dirty bug infested car that resembles the one you drove to the loading station and if you do your looking at 1000- 1500 hundred a car:eek:good luck:tup:enclosed and top loaded are the only way to go if you love your cars:)

·
Registered
382 Posts
DO NOT USE DAS....EVER.

When I was looking for someone to ship my Supra I did some research and about 80% of the responses I got about DAS were horrible.....not bad, but horrible. Do a web search on DAS and you may find some of the same.

I would use Gary Almond at http://www.almondexotictransports.com/index.html

He is a car enthusiast and treats a modded car like it needs to be treated.

I just shipped my car to Florida and used Exotic auto transport but only because Gary was out of the country.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I've used DAS three times in the past couple of months and everytime has been good overall. Only one scratch on my STI's wing but it was minor enough I just let it go. I paid on average $700 each time to ship cross country and it takes anywhere between 7 - 14 days. Good customer service but I too have heard horror stories. Just make sure you give the car a very good inspection upon arrival.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts