IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to piece together a stereo system for the STi. I'm not much of an audiophile so I'm not exactly sure what I should be looking for.
So far I'm leaning towards
HU....Clarion DXZ935
Front Speakers(6.5")....CDT-62CF, RF X or Q, Kicker Reference RS6c
Rear Speakers(5.25)....CDT CL-5X or RF HPC
Amp....Kicker 700.5(If I need to run everything)
I was reading about the Infinity Basslink X and thought that sounded nice. It's a 10" sub w/ a 10" passive radiator w/ a 200w amp. Does anyone have experience w/ a Basslink and how it sounds/performs? I am also looking at a Polk Audio/MOMO MM10. Any input on this one?
Any input on the subs or other pieces would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Scott

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I heard good things abotu Polk/Momo.. I am buying Alpine 200 watt sub for my old car myself this weekend..
Have you looked into Alpine HU and JL-audio amps?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I have looked into Alpine HU's. I was looking at the 7995. I haven't really checked out JL amps. I want a 5 channel amp to run everything. Does JL make one?
If I go w/ the Basslink I'll only need a 4 channel amp for the front and rear speakers.
Thanks.
Scott

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone have any experience ordering from online retailers? Specifically, Hookedontronics.com, thezeb.com and Crutchfield.com. Does anyone have any other online retailers I could look at?
Thanks.
Scott

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Etronics.com had great prices for me for what I wanted and got me the stuff quickly. My only beef was the 6.5" component MB Quarts were not in stock so I would up getting some Kenwoods locally but don't regret it as they sound great. I also got my radar detector (Bel 985) through etronics for a good price.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the links :D
Etronics has some good prices. Close to or better then what I've found so far.
I need some more help. I've narrowed down my list to this, pending what you guys tell me.
HU....Rockford Fosgate RFX9210G
Front speakers....CDT CL-61a or CDT HD-62CF
Rear speakers....CDT CL-5X
Amp....see below
Sub....Polk Audio/MOMO MM10
How does this system sound? I'm not familiar w/ RF hu's or the speakers. A buddy had some subs and amps several years ago and liked them.
I may go w/ the Infinity Basslink X as the sub and a smaller 4 channel amp to run the speakers, if I ever get any feedback on the Basslink.
Thanks in advance.
Scott
'04 STi
JBP/Gold

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm looking for a 5-channel amp to run everything. I'd like some opinions on the following....

Kicker 700.5
Alpine MRV-F450
Kenwood KAC-X650D
MTX Thunder 895

Thanks in advance.
Scott
'04 STi
JBP/Gold

1 - 9 of 9 Posts