IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to install 2 tweeters, 2 front speakers, and 2 rear speakers. what are some good speakers that will fit without any modification. i am not talking baout stock speakers either. and i would rather nt use an amp. i am using a kenwood 4x50 hu and will also have a basslink, thanks.

·
Registered
97 Posts
dude, I was thinking the same thing when I started shopping for speakers, so I got some SONY full range speakers that are only 1 3/4" deep. Then I realize the problem that they do not line up to the mounting holes on the door.
Your best bet is get an STi adaptor kit from EastCoastWRX, which has everything you need to mount in whatever you speaker you would like, regardless their mounting depth, and in a plug and play fashion. BTW, you can not mount aftermarket tweaters unless you have a specially bracket that comes with the stock ones, and of course they are included in the kit.
As you prob have read from many other post, this kit is THE THING to get for speaker setups. His website is http://www.iaperformance.com
Oh yeah, he helped me out big time!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Break Pads

Thick or thin depends on the depth of your speaker. Use the thin one if possible, less chance the speaker stick against the door panel. I think it says on the site how deep the speaker can be for each kit.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
I hate to say it but if you want a easy install with no mods and don't want to use an amp, stick with stock. I doubt any aftermarket speaker will sound good or be able to sound good loud only being powered by the headunit. BTW, the power coming from a headunit is not very clean and your speaker will not see anywhere near the max power it puts out.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yes and no. While aftermarket speaker won't be able to play its full potential, but they would still be better than stock in the long run, considering stock speakers have paper cones.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Welcome

I had to make spacers for my speakers. I did not want to drill so I made a template to fit the factory locations and cut out a piece of 1/2" MDF. They fit perfect and plenty of clearance. It was not that hard.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Mister2cool said:
Yes and no. While aftermarket speaker won't be able to play its full potential, but they would still be better than stock in the long run, considering stock speakers have paper cones.
How so? Durability or something? I agree paper cones are not the best but if you are not going to send enough power to a set of aftermarket speakers there is really no benefit. I would normally not recommend the stock system but the original poster wanted something easy to install without mods and he does not want to use an amp, I just think the stock setup would be hard to beat doing that.

·
Registered
97 Posts
ok.. gotta agree to that. Nothing is going to be simpler than putting in stock ones. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts