IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 STI. Mods include a AEM CAI and AWE Touring catback exhaust. I recently purchased the Cobb Accessport and a Cobb SS 3in Downpipe. I was told by Cobb that the OTS Maps don't support a downpipe + CAI map. The reason is that the fuel system can't handle both mods. Has anyone had experience with this? What are my options? Is running the Stage 1+ tune beneficial compared to the Stage 2 tune or should I revert back to the stock airbox and install the DP and run the Stage 2? Anyone running this setup that can give me some input? Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
8,387 Posts
A custom tune is desired, however, I am not one that completely agrees with the fuel system not being enough. I've run injectors up to 126% (not desired, but the owner is aware) on these cars, so even at 100%, I don't have an issue as the injector is more like at 80%.

For a street car, I don't particularly worry.

·
Vendor
212 Posts
No OTS COBB map works properly with the AEM intake. We've developed a MAF curve for these that works well. Definitely DO NOT use a COBB SF Intake map with the AEM. The stock MAF curve is closer. If you're going OTS just run the Stg 2 91 Oct LWG map, keep an eye on fuel trims and A/F ratio. If it looks good then go to normal wastegate.

Feel free to message me or call the shop if you have any questions.

Josh

I have a 2017 STI. Mods include a AEM CAI and AWE Touring catback exhaust. I recently purchased the Cobb Accessport and a Cobb SS 3in Downpipe. I was told by Cobb that the OTS Maps don't support a downpipe + CAI map. The reason is that the fuel system can't handle both mods. Has anyone had experience with this? What are my options? Is running the Stage 1+ tune beneficial compared to the Stage 2 tune or should I revert back to the stock airbox and install the DP and run the Stage 2? Anyone running this setup that can give me some input? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No OTS COBB map works properly with the AEM intake. We've developed a MAF curve for these that works well. Definitely DO NOT use a COBB SF Intake map with the AEM. The stock MAF curve is closer. If you're going OTS just run the Stg 2 91 Oct LWG map, keep an eye on fuel trims and A/F ratio. If it looks good then go to normal wastegate.

Feel free to message me or call the shop if you have any questions.

Josh
So your saying with my current setup (catback and AEM intake) I can run the Stage 2 91 Oct LWG map? I'm new to this so bear with me if I'm a little green. Do I still need to run 93 Oct with that tune? And do you agree with yamahaSHO about the fuel system if I add the DP? Custom tune or can I use one of the OTS maps?

·
Vendor
212 Posts
You really need a pro-tune but if you're going to run an OTS map Stg 2 91 oct LWG is a good place to start. I suggest that because it has less boost and timing so it's safer.

The VA is on the edge fuel wise at Stg 2+, that's why COBB goes right to Stg 3 with 1050cc injectors. COBB doesn't want a marginally safe product out there, so they bypass Stg 2+ on the VA STI. Can you get away with it? Sure. With a LWG 91 octane map you should be safe, I'd still run 93 while you're watching you're logs and verifying the tune with that intake. Or just get it pro-tuned. We're happy to e-tune it for you if you want to go that route.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You really need a pro-tune but if you're going to run an OTS map Stg 2 91 oct LWG is a good place to start. I suggest that because it has less boost and timing so it's safer.

The VA is on the edge fuel wise at Stg 2+, that's why COBB goes right to Stg 3 with 1050cc injectors. COBB doesn't want a marginally safe product out there, so they bypass Stg 2+ on the VA STI. Can you get away with it? Sure. With a LWG 91 octane map you should be safe, I'd still run 93 while you're watching you're logs and verifying the tune with that intake. Or just get it pro-tuned. We're happy to e-tune it for you if you want to go that route.
PM'd you Josh.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts