IW STi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Subaru WRX STI with under 5,000 miles on it... At about 3,500 miles i noticed that when i would fill up, the pumps would click off not allowing me to gas it up to full... So I would have to press on the handle, it clicks off, then press on the handle again. Has anyone had this experience at all??? I have tried numerious gas stations, had it taken to Subaru, they said that it was the gas tank, so they just recently replaced the tank, (while the tank was down i installed a walbro 255lph fuel pump + filter, and now while im driving the car shuts off while turning on the highway!!! this has happend now 4 times since i recieved the car back. I am also noticing more hesitation from the motor which makes me believe it could involve the fuel pump, or idk. The guy's at the dealership never heard of the problem with the STI's and are basically in aww by it. My modifications to the vehicle include cobb stg 2, cobb sri, and turboxs RFL-TI TBE... I noticed that the motor dies 3 times when i was taking a turn and i had the foot on the clutch and the other foot on the brakes and the other time i was at a stoplight. Hopefully im not smelling my motor destroy itself!!! Any help would be appreciated. I removed accessport and then re-installed it, to see if it would solve the problem with the motor dying... but apparently not. I also cleaned the maf sensor about 800-1000 miles before the car went in the first time. So hopefully something will work out. All help would be greatly appreciated. I am taking the car in first thing tomm morning. And probably will be stuck driving a &*# @$$ chevy aveo :(

·
'do right & fear no one"
10,046 Posts
turn induced stalls are usually caused by not having enough fuel in the tank. it's why you should never let your car get much below 1/8th tank and it's why i now have a surge tank and monster external pump. you could turn the car upside down and it will still get fuel.

if you are not low on fuel when your motor is quitting then you obviously have some other problem. whatever it is, going lean like that is bad and worse case can detonate your motor.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well still no word yet... I ended up taking off accessport because they think that its in the program (i talked to cobb earlier and they told me that there is no way the fuel has anything to do with the map) So they ended up giving me the car back to drive around for a while and to see what codes come up as well as if the motor dies or i have trouble filling up... Im a little worried about running without engine management, but the car does seem to be running a lot smoother now for some reason :confused: Other than that if anyone has had any similair situations it would be great...
thanks again,
Jonathan Ambrose

·
Premium Member
4,158 Posts
had the crap scared out of me when my car was almost stock (CAI, headers, TBE). I was going around a long curve at 90+ mph and it stalled. Really got my attention fast! Never did it again, but I never found out what caused it either? I was pulling very hard in boost going around the curve. The tank was almost full at the time....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2fas4u said:
had the crap scared out of me when my car was almost stock (CAI, headers, TBE). I was going around a long curve at 90+ mph and it stalled. Really got my attention fast! Never did it again, but I never found out what caused it either? I was pulling very hard in boost going around the curve. The tank was almost full at the time....
i was gonna ask if you ever found out the reason for it... But i re-read it just in time :lol: So never had the problem again after you tuned it out?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.