IW STi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im soon gonna be running around 450 whp, i need an aftermarket clutch, that will hold more that stock, but i dont want to be a monster on the leg, so i was just wondering if you guys could recommend a few different clutches.

also... i was wondering if it would be worth it to get a lighter fly wheel while im at it, is the weight difference signifficant enough to make the lighter flywheel worth th money. thanks for any input!

·
Registered
802 Posts
I have a ACT 6 puck and pressure plate combo. Really easy to drive after it breaks in. I went with a pro-street forged steel flywheel 14.75 lbs due to the fact that the factory flywheel was screwed from the previous owner who beat the snot out of it. I do find rev matching easier with a light weight flywheel however I don't think it adds any performance except for durability with a forged flywheel.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
i have the act 6 puck with pressure plate too, along with the pro-lite flywheel.

Theres resistence but i like it. It has a harsh engagement.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KiTsuNe said:
i have the act 6 puck with pressure plate too, along with the pro-lite flywheel.

Theres resistence but i like it. It has a harsh engagement.
haha how harsh? i want something that wont feel THAT much different than stock, and handle different i just dont want to stomp on it

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
umm you might not be able to go with anything with 450whp that feels like stock. The act street one is good but i think its rated at 412wtq? but yeah lets just say you'll feel it grab.

·
Registered
802 Posts
KiTsuNe said:
umm you might not be able to go with anything with 450whp that feels like stock. The act street one is good but i think its rated at 412wtq? but yeah lets just say you'll feel it grab.
It depends upon what you are used to. Like KiTsuNe said, you won't get a clutch that holds lots of power with out having some on/off engagement. From other performance clutches I've driven, it's a very easy clutch for being an unsprung clutch. If you have the $$$, get a dual disc sprung clutch and that'll make daily driving easier.

·
Registered
802 Posts
USMCrecon said:
gotcha, how much lighter is that flywheel over stock?
14.75 for the pro-street vs 19.75? I've seen lots of threads stating that it's 23lbs or something like that but there is one where a member throws the stocker on a scale and it shows 19.XX lbs.

I had an 8.8lb in my last car and that's hard to drive in traffic as the flywheel couldn't keep enough momentum with out killing so I had to rev the car a lot. The 14.75 isn't much different than stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts