IW STi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
2006 EDM Subaru STi
2,982 Posts
Check the small oil filters in the bango bolts ... they could be clogged or the filter is blocking ... just remove the filters and put back to see if it helps) ... there are 3 bolts (not just two) ... the back one is hard to get to on a stock STI ...

For example:

· Premium Member
2006 EDM Subaru STi
2,982 Posts
Is this the left side of the engine looking at it from the front or the left side of the engine looking at it from drivers side?

I'll Try this. I've been having some problems at idle with the car already. Trying to find clues that might relate to it. Thanks for the input!
Sides are determined looking forward -- so, driver's side is left side (if in the US) and passenger side is right side. The right side will have 2 banjo bolts -- one on the AVCS solenoid and another on top (near back) of the block. Follow the metal lines to the back. (this is for single AVCS like I have on my 2006 ... if you have duel, you'll have them on the bottom too, but I've never personally played with a 2008+ motor yet.

AVCS usually doesn't kick in until higher RPM, so it should affect idle unless it's stuck or something (even then, I doubt it). Check your vacuum hoses into the intake/throttle body ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts