IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need everyones help.i need like indept pics of the interior of a LEFT HAND DRIVE STI!does anyone have any or does anyone know of any web sites,and it has to be a left hand drive version and it has to be a 2002 model year

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Therefore, this could be of some interest too...

celm,
i looked into it and it was gonna be WAAAAY too expensive. might i ask how you are doing it and WHY? the US-spec STi will be here in no time..why not wait?

The car is mucho money imported...
todd

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you guys can believe me if you want ,but im getting it a bit cheaper then the WRX(US VERSION)it will be at my door by the end of october .its leaving europe in the 2nd week of aug.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
how are you importing it at that price?

i called the official locations and only a few would convert it to us-specs..have you looked into converting it first, b/c if not they will impound the car if it has not passed paperwork and all that.

i live in germany...drove an STi.loved it, but importing was too much. i can get the STi at $25 US out the door.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
someone i know owns an import co.he has 4 hes bringing over to get DOT and CARB certification.thats why hes selling them for cost.he need them for emission testing

·
Registered
39 Posts
If this is for real, there are a lot of us in this forum, that would gladly pay 30K for an STi. Why don't you import a few more and pocket the 5K a piece for them?.

If not you can just sell me yours and keep my 5K. :lol:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looking Forward to Pics

ill be geeting the first set of pics of the car when it leaves holland.then its on a 4 week trip to CA to be converted and then the tuners.ill be posting the progress and pics as i get them

S

·
0 Posts
Performance Numbers to beat

Thanks for the link. Did you notice the tab for the STi? Price starting at $55,130 Australian Dollars.

Using http://www.xe.net/ucc/ to convert from Australian dollars to USD. The price comes out to $30,707.41

Thanks again for the link. :)

S

·
0 Posts
Did you happen to note the manual WRX sedan for $41,490 AUD, or $23,110 USD. Those numbers correlate very well with the base model WRX price of $23,995 USD for the US version. Can we therefore expect the STi pricing to correlate as well? I think so.

·
Registered
48 Posts
newb question

I think alot of the price is marketing and less what it costs to make. Lots of different factors, demand being a big one. Some things are sold for a loss for promotion purposes etc...
An off topic example for you. Big gaming consoles (PS2, Xbox) sell for a loss just so they can sell the games! In any manufacturing there is a threshhold to break through which is attributed to fixed costs like R&D, design, testing and what not. Luckily for us the STi is not a new concept so the more they sell all over the world the better for us. In the end speculation is just that, speculation.

·
Registered
190 Posts
you guys can believe me if you want ,but im getting it a bit cheaper then the WRX(US VERSION)it will be at my door by the end of october .its leaving europe in the 2nd week of aug.
So whats the deal Celm are you getting the car or what?
Whats the news?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
if you read on who wants a "real J-spec Sti" youll see i put an order in for a 2002 evo 7 from evolution imports.who i was going to get he sti from.but if you guys want a real j-spec call evolution imports
the website is www.evolutionimports.net.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts