IW STi Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OC Meet

hey im 16 and just got my sti. i know im gonna get a lot of flack about being 16 and owning an sti but im just trying to get advice on any good high performance driving schools in socal.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I don't know any of us who, at 16 or any other age, would've turned down an sti or similarly capable car at age 16. OTOH, I don't know what these parents are thinking, I know what I was like when I was a young driver. However, he's serious about taking a driving course, I say more power to him. He'll probably wind up a much better driver than a lot of the older people here who've never taken one.

·
Premium Member
5,291 Posts
Well...........If this is not ANOTHER prank and you are for real, then congrats on your new car. I take it that your parents don't know the potential of this car. They just look at it as another honda with a wing and scoop, huh? I am the 5th post on this topic, and there will probably be about another 21 pages. :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I don't think we need to give him a hard time. Again, I'd have taken it if offered when I was a new driver, but I'm glad it wasn't offered me.

I honestly don't know why someone would think buying their new driver offspring a $30k car, let alone one with 300 hp, is a great idea. But they did, and he wants to take a driving course to be responsible, so I think people should get over it. Who cares if he's 16, if he drives responsibly and takes advanced driver training, he's better off than some of the older but horribly underqualified people driving fast cars.

·
Premium Member
5,291 Posts
yes a pic would be good, especially if you were in it. We have too many "fakes" around here claiming they have an STI. We need to see some solid proof. :wink:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Does anyone have a spare set of wheels/tires in the Sac area

Congrats!

You might want to also consider karting options from Jim Hall Karting in Ventura/Oxnard area. You can learn some of the basics that apply to car control in a kart that has a greater hp/weight ratio than the STi, which should assist in prepping you to drive the STi on a track and daily defensive driving.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Dyno Results STI withcustom t3/t04e Turbo 433ftLds of torgue

this post is not about whether u like the fact that he has the car or not. it's about him needing links to driving schools. read closer next time. glad you got what you needed buddy, good luck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts