1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so far, ive chosen the speakers:

F: MB Quart RCE216 6.5" components
R: MB Quart DKE113 5.25

can something that sounds better be had? Im gonna power these using an Alpine MRV-F540.. and i have a JL10w3v2 powered by an Alpine MRD-M500 .

Im worried about speaker fitment, and also i dont wanna do any form of cutting. im going to be using spacers for the front, but i just wanna know if better speakers can be had... im willing to pay more for speakers, but i just cant find any good info on any of the forums about which front speakers are good and fit. I would have gone Q series, but i cant find anyone using them on a WRX, so i dont know if they fit or not

thanks

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
I have the Q series in the front doors and the DKEs in the rear deck. They sound great. Just make sure you give them enought power.

·
Registered
575 Posts
what size spacers did you use? .75" or something different? and did you mount the tweeters in the A pillars or the factory location?

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Not sure the size of the spacer since I did not install it myself, sorry. The tweeters are in the stock locations.

·
Registered
575 Posts
do you find that the sound is good in the stock locations? I currently run the Diamond Hex (have an option to upgrade to Q's my stereo installer guy knows I only like MB but he didnt have the Q's in stock :) ), He wants me to move the tweeters to the A pillars right above steering wheel to get a better sound spread, right now the mid bass is a bit dead i think, how does your mid bass sound?

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Well considering I never had such a nice sound system in a car before I think it sounds damn good compared to what I am used to. I have wondered about the tweeter locations but I liked the stock locations because of their stealthyness. They are kind of aimed at the driver and are up higher than the mids so I don't think the stock location is bad, maybe not the best though. I think my mid bass sounds good, at least it is noticable. I am also using the Alpine CDA7998 headunit which has sound field processing and a few other things that the guy who did the install setup for me, not sure if that has something to do with making the mid bass more noticable or not. Too bad you did not live closer to me so you could hear it for yourself.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Lightweight STi Flywheel

cool well I appreciate your offer :) hehe anyways I am going to for the Q series my self, dont really like the Diamond HEX too much and knowing the Q fits I am going to force em in there, but I will go for the A pillar mount of the tweeters I think, I will keep you posted

·
Registered
8 Posts
what is the difference between the DKE's and DKD 5.25's? i was looking at ebay and the only mb quart 5.25" coaxials i can find for sale are the DKD. basically just wondering if the depth is the same so i can mount them in the rear doors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts