IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

The bottom OCV on my driver's side has a slow oil leak on it.

When i looked up parts, it only lists the top OCV (10921AA140) . The bottom is listed as an entire housing assembly: 10917AA070

Can i not replace the OCV in that? if i do, which part # would it be? from a youtube video, i got this part number: 10921AA080

or would it be safer just to order the entire housing?

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to update, I went with the whole housing assembly replacement (Part NO: 10917AA070)

Decided not to risk shoving in random parts and went with direct swap with whats in the parts list.

Oil leak's stopped.

thanks goes to several nasioc threads that had pics of the part in question and a few folks who messaged me with suggestions!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just to update, I went with the whole housing assembly replacement (Part NO: 10917AA070)

Decided not to risk shoving in random parts and went with direct swap with whats in the parts list.

Oil leak's stopped.

thanks goes to several nasioc threads that had pics of the part in question and a few folks who messaged me with suggestions!
Reviving a dead thread here, but was it just the 4 bolts holding in the solenoid? According to the FSM there's a stud bolt of sorts and I'm not entirely sure on what that may be.

Also, did you have any CEL/codes come up or was it just the leak you saw?

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reviving a dead thread here, but was it just the 4 bolts holding in the solenoid? According to the FSM there's a stud bolt of sorts and I'm not entirely sure on what that may be.

Also, did you have any CEL/codes come up or was it just the leak you saw?
I had no CELs. what FSM are you looking at? I dont know what stud bolt you're referring to. if you're looking at the Service manual for a 2012 STI, it's page 163. It'll show 4 bolts for the assembly and 1 bolt for the ground cable, along with torque specs. the 4 bolts torque spec: 7.4 ftlb, and the 1 ground cable bolt: 5.5 ftlb.

if you're looking at the parts diagram (ie the image above), it's just referencing the bolt. doesnt show the bolt for the ground cable.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
The bottom OCV's have 4 10mm bolts each. Both will also have a thread hole to hook up the the two ground wires, one ground wire for each OCV assembly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts