IW STi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie to the mod scene and was hoping I could get some help from you guys. I recently placed an order for some Goup N parts. What I received looks exactly like what is on my 06 STI already. Can anyone help me make sure I got the right stuff? I ordered the pitch stop and the trans mount. The pitch stop looks identical to what's on the car now. I thought it was supposed to be beefier in girth as well as harder bushings. The trans mount (without pulling the stock one) looks identical as well. The vendor listed the parts as "Group N", the part number on the invoice matches the part number on their web site for Group N but like I said, they look the same as what I have.

I have pics but I can't seem to be able to get them in this post. From what I've seen online when searching for the Group N parts, the stuff I received doesn't look the same as the online pics. Any help greatly appreciated. I can attach photos to an email if that would help. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I havent received my Group N Mounts yet but I have installed the group N Top Hats and they are identicall to the stock ones in appearance but are made of a harder rubber than stock.

I was concerned at first but a call to the vendor cleared things up.

I think the mounts are all same as stock just with stiffer rubber.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, so it looks like I spazed a bit. Very long, bad day. The rubber is the only thing different, all else looks the same as the factory, my mistake. Just wanted to be sure before I pulled everything apart.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Post a link to where you got them.

The Tranny mount are the same, as you said the rubber changes. When you take the stock one out, before you place the Group-N on, twist it and you should see the difference.

Also if you are doing this, you might as well change the motor mounts, as the 06's are a POS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts