IW STi Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick back story on my 2015 STI - I had a ring land failure and replaced motor with an IAG close deck and put everything back together.

Can started up first time and everything sounded perfect, wasn't until the motor started to warm up or about 2 minutes past that it started to sound a little funny, that is when I went back in the car and the check engine light was on and there were 3 codes on the car P0335 - Crankshaft Position Sensor “A” Circuit, P0303 - Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected, PFFFE - i tried to use other OBD2 detector and it only found the first 2 codes not this unknown code.

I'm assuming the crank position sensor was damaged some how even though I was careful to set it aside and bag it.

Trouble shooting so far:

- I checked continuity between the plug and the negative battery terminal and it checked out
- I checked continuity of the sensor while unplugged and got 2,000 ohms
- I checked AC voltage while it was out of the car between the sensor terminals and ran metal by it and registered a value

Anyone have an idea of what could be wrong, or is there a 99% chance it is the sensor is bad but still registering values and causing cylinder 3 to misfire?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts