IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been reading some forums. Most said its oky but doesn't sound normal like when I first got it.

·
Premium Member
5,995 Posts
Depends: What's ticking?

Reactions: Karlot

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imm try and post a vid but seems like its coming from around the top mount. Both sides.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well tried uploading a vid but
it says The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok here's a vid on YouTube guys check it out. I'm was trying to pin point where it was coming.https://youtu.be/o5gWGPMiMd8

·
Registered
2020 WRX STI, Magnetite grey,
170 Posts
That IC looks pretty beat up to be the cars first oil change? I assume this is a used car purchase and your first oil change on the car. What year and miles on it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was jw because it wasn't that loud at first. The sound changed. Hopefully it's not bad or anything. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,995 Posts
I cant really tell anything from the vid. Normal - sort of - more normal for an old EJ? Doesn't really sounds like a stock 2020 w 15K on it . . .

So, what oil was in it? (who knows), What did you put in it?

Regardless and off topic - if you drive it at all hard, check the oil frequently

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I cant really tell anything from the vid. Normal - sort of - more normal for an old EJ? Doesn't really sounds like a stock 2020 w 15K on it . . .

So, what oil was in it? (who knows), What did you put in it?

Regardless and off topic - if you drive it at all hard, check the oil frequently
Bought it used with 23k miles on it. I daily drives it to wrk about 30 min back in forth on the freeway. So I changed the oil at 26k with 530 valvoline. No idea what was in it first.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts