IW STi Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone else has totaled their STi, how much did insurance pay? I want another STi and don't wan't to get bent over by my insurance co. :x

·
Registered
212 Posts
SilverSTI said:
If anyone else has totaled their STi, how much did insurance pay? I want another STi and don't wan't to get bent over by my insurance co. :x
I wouldn't settle for anything less than a new STi in my driveway...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Or it could turn out the the Civic Si's were in 2000. The NADA was more than original MSRP. People that had a total loss were making a profit (minus their deductable).

It will be interesting, as i don't think there are acurate numbers out on the cars yet.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just checked NADA and Kelly Blue Book. Neither one has a listing AT ALL for the car, so it's likely they will give you whatever the current MSRP is for the car.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If that's the case that would be fine with me. I just don't want to get screwed by my insurance company and have to pay out any more cash. I have 17k miles on my STi and I have a feeling they are going to try to fuck me over becaue of it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
toyworx said:
Just checked NADA and Kelly Blue Book. Neither one has a listing AT ALL for the car, so it's likely they will give you whatever the current MSRP is for the car.
That would be good news. Also the dealer where I bought my first STi has all the colors in stock, so it might be time for a color change.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
SilverSTI said:
egads. sorry to hear about your loss. i'm amazed flooding would be sufficient to total the car. got any pics? what are they doing with the car? surely the wheels/tires are salvagable.

anyway, good luck getting a new sti. this may be a good time since several dealers are moving them at *invoice*, so you may make out a little bit (assuming the ins co give you the check and not the dealer). let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As it is now the car just arrived at the dealer on the flatbed. I'm almost sure the engine is locked up due to water and the water inside the car was over the seating level of the seats front and rear. From my understanding anytime a vehicle has flood damage, because of the electrical systems, it would be considered a total loss. Then of course the damage to the trunk where the fire truck had to push me out of the water.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Will the ECU still operate? If so, I would be interested in taking it off your hands if you can get it...(i mean if you buy the car back and get legal ownership of it).

M

·
0 Posts
STi Reliability

SilverSTI said:
That's what I'm hoping for but you know how insurance company love to use the sand paper condom.

ahahahahaha, man thats a funny statement, :).

Sorry about your car though, I hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
195 Posts
best thing to do also os buy your old one backoff your insurance company, they usually let you for a couple grand and then make a killing on Ebay parting it out 8)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nivek-CA said:
Will the ECU still operate? If so, I would be interested in taking it off your hands if you can get it...(i mean if you buy the car back and get legal ownership of it).
The ECU is toast. The only thng that happens when turning the key to the On position is that the computer clicks and makes all kinds of noise, and considering it was under water for about a half an hour I would be very surprise if it ever worked again.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Invisiguard said:
best thing to do also os buy your old one backoff your insurance company, they usually let you for a couple grand and then make a killing on Ebay parting it out 8)
That is what my plans are. Hopefully I'll be able to get a new STi, <homer> mmmmm, white <homer>. It's alreay picked out and put on hold. My dealer has one of each color in stock, which makes it easier than when I bought the first one, not being able to see it before purchase. And buy the totaled one and keep a few things and part the rest of it out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts