IW STi Forum banner

need help looking to buy a 05 sti

2293 Views 27 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  BLKSTI05
hi everyone im new to this forum.. was wondering if you guys could help me out because i dont know much about these cars.. and was wondering what you guys thought about this sti thats up for sale.. heres the link to it.

BEAUTIFUL 2005 STI MODDED - City of Toronto Cars For Sale - Kijiji City of Toronto Canada.

any help or feedback is greatly appreciated
thanks
nic
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
I've seen that ad a couple of times, it's been up for a bit. The only information I can give because I don't own/haven't owned an STI is, it's had a couple more mods done to it which the owner took off and lowered the price. The only one that I can remember is a FMIC that he had on then he took it off. Hope this helps
I don't know about that car. I frankly don't like the way that it looks, but that aside you need to either check it out hands on style or have it checked out by a knowledgeable individual.
Lol why do you say i should look for a different one.. Its probably been beatn up pretty good hunh??
If I was in the market for an STi 05, this is the one I would get. I'd come up with the $$ one way or another. I'm in love with this beast!

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2459421
Reactions: 1
Definetly a nice one but not really in my price range..there was also this one but its kinda far away from where i live..2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - Mint Condition !!! Low Mileage !!! - Mississauga / Peel Region Cars For Sale - Kijiji Mississauga / Peel Region Canada.
hmm. the car might just be mostly cosmetic mods. as for the engine most of the mods are just bolt on's.
he didnt mention anything with tuning on it.

the one item i would be very worried about is the "grimspeed EBCS"
that is the only item, if he messed with it enough, could damage the engine.
everything else he mentions is harmless.

i dont think the owner knows too much about the car either. he apparently has a "turbo xs. blow OUT valve". lol

if u really want it, bring a mecanic who deals with just subies and pay him to do a compression check and coolant check. he will know what to do with the coolant check. plus anything else he deems needs to be checked like body work and other engine checks.
Stay far away from that car.

The modifications currently on it, as well as

I've seen that ad a couple of times, it's been up for a bit. The only information I can give because I don't own/haven't owned an STI is, it's had a couple more mods done to it which the owner took off and lowered the price. The only one that I can remember is a FMIC that he had on then he took it off. Hope this helps
are red flags. The car likely has seen a bigger turbo and much more boost. There are no numbers regarding a compression and leak down test and you have no idea how strong that motor is.

The second car you linked to looks like a better choice. Looks stock, but advertisement says over 300 hp? I'd ask about that. Poor TMIC though :( Looks like someone dragged a screwdriver across it.

See less See more
if u really want it, bring a mecanic who deals with just subies and pay him to do a compression check and coolant check. he will know what to do with the coolant check. plus anything else he deems needs to be checked like body work and other engine checks.
Agreed!
Thanks a lot for the help guys i really appreciate it im probobly going to see the 05 on monday and i might go and see the 04 next weekend. I was worried about that 05 with the ebcs too. If i do decide i want it i would have it checked at a subie dealer. Again thanks
"Beauty" is clearly in the eye of the beholder. That being said, he shouldn't be using that hood with a FMIC.
Thanks a lot for the help huys i really appreciate it.. What about the price range do you guys think its a good deal or do you guys think i should try to lower it if i decide to buy it again thanks a lot
At less than 41k miles, if all the vitals check out that price just might be good. Or at least good enough to go for it.
Are u being serious or are u just trolling??
sweet side skirts lol
My gut feeling is trolling. But enough about him, did you get to check out the 04? It really looks nice, at least in the pictures.
anywho, did you notice the inlet tube fitment? looks like it's rubbing on the ps pump pretty bad...
Not yet... That 04 is like a 5h drive just for me to go and take a look at it. So im planning a road trip with some friends and ill go take a look at it
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.