IW STi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car had an Aftermarket Electronic Boost controler on it. I took the EBC off and installed the factory solinoid. The problem i am running into is i don't know what size hoses, connectors, ristrictor pills, to use. if some one could help me out. the car runs fine it's just that i cant hit over 15 psi with my Cobb stg2 map or my current PDX map that i just got tonight.

I think this is one of the problems that is preventing me from hitting my target boost. I checked for boost leaks and everything is tight and solid. So the only thing i can think of is my vacuum lines.

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i looked and i don't have a ristrictor pill in the lines (which is a problem i guess). i think the only factory lines i have are the two fat onse coming off the solinoid. then i used some lines that fit...they taper off to skinny lines one T to wastegate and turbo and the other fat line tapers off to the intake.

but like i said i don't think that i am using the right diameter lines plus there is no ristrictor pill.

i wish i knew how it was set up from the factory.

· Registered
4,298 Posts
One comes off of the selenoid and goes to the intake, then one goes to the turbo where it goes to smaller hose that goes to a tee where one line going to the wastegate actuator and the other to the compressor housing. The restrictor pill was in the line that came off of the compressor housing if I remember right. I'll try to get one of my friends to come by and I'll get some pics for you.

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that would be awsome ...thanks

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

i found this picture... the only question is what size ristrictor pill ID to use and does it matter what size ID hose i run...oh and the ID of the 'T' connector???

thanks

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
can anyone confirm if 14447AA090 is the right part number for STi restrictor pill and hose combo.

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok problem fixed. i picked up the little brass restrictor from the dealer and it fixed it. With my PDX map i am hitting my target boost (18.5 psi) and it holds...no overboosting. the boost comes on much much faster in all gears now :) . thanks for all the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.