IW STi Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled out my alternator to check for the belt condition when I notice some leakage on this bolt/connector. Anyone know what this is? 2011 subaru sti.

Its right under the "EJ25"
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Grey Automotive exterior Bumper

· Premium Member
2006 EDM Subaru STi
2,982 Posts

· Administrator
8,382 Posts
Yeah has been but I've finally taken the time to identify it lol
I've not messed with it, personally, but check to see if it has an o-ring to seat to the engine. Your switch may not be busted but the o-ring may be. $2-3 fix if so. If the oil pressure switch doesn't have this, definitely replace and thoroughly clean that area before you put a new one on.

· Premium Member
2006 EDM Subaru STi
2,982 Posts
I've not messed with it, personally, but check to see if it has an o-ring to seat to the engine. Your switch may not be busted but the o-ring may be. $2-3 fix if so. If the oil pressure switch doesn't have this, definitely replace and thoroughly clean that area before you put a new one on.
I believe they have little teflon seals on them, but I could be mistaken. But good point otherwise.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The oil leak is the oil pressure sensor. The other piece is called a "pitch stop mount" in the aftermarket world. If you're going to replace it, upgrade with Group N.
I went with the perrin...thanks for the help !
This is what the piece looks like. Only like $12 CAD so I'll replace it anyway. Not sure if it has an O-ring or not but I'll find out soon.
Gesture Automotive tire Finger Thumb Body jewelry

· Super Moderator
10,912 Posts
Because pitch stop was broken I would inspect engine and transmission mounts IIWM.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts