IW STi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Just finished installing some gauges in my 2005 STI Blobeye. I wired them up using the 4-pin that goes to the clock, and the gauges are working great.

And all of a sudden, the dccd green circle started flashing and also the ABS light camn on. All these happened after a few seconds from starting the engine and just let it idle.

Looked at the service manual along with some other people's post, did the dccd dtc call up procedure:
1. Ignition on, engine off
2. Handbrake lifted
3. Switch dccd to manual mode and set to full open/lock
4. Throttle padel fully depressed
5. Switch c.diff from lock to open to lock ... many times untill the green circle started flashing

Got dtc 28 - Yaw rate lateral g sensor system circuit malfunction. Looked FSM again, the most possible cause seemed to be a bad wire circuit or a bad Yaw rate sensor...

Ok, into the topic now. When installing those gauges, I used a string to fish the wires from behind the clutch padel to the top of dash where the clock was located. And the wire stucked in the middle... so I pulled a little harder and they were through. However, a mysterious connector dropped down and I have no idea what it is for or if I just popped it off somehow when fishing the gauge wire:unsure: I am not entirely sure whether this would be the cause for the dtc tho. But thinking about if it is then it would be an easy fix!

Anyway, it's a 6 pin female cnnector with 2 notches on the side. Can anyone shine a light on what it is for and where should it go?

Any help is appreciated.

Electrical wiring Technology Cable Wire Gadget

Gesture Finger Nail Thumb Wrist

Hand Finger Thumb Wrist Knee

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Btw, the FSM says disconnect from yaw rate sensor to start diagnosing... Can't seems to pull it off without breaking it :( its literally glued together lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump. Can anyone with the same 05 STI model take a look underneath their dash? The car is an RHD Australian model but I am not sure if that matters. Please help a newbie out o_O

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.