IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not covered under warranty. Must have hit pot hole in MA. $250 to fix at dealer. Thinking of getting whole new rear sway bar set up.

Cost?
Brand names?
Installation dificulty?
Worth it?
Websites???!!!

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dooh! The cold North East bit my car in the @ss!

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
508 Posts
Posted: Jan 16, 2004 - 10:33 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also found this information that may be worth reading on the end links:
FT,

I think that thread is only disucssing the benifits of upgrading to the '04 strut bar mounts not endlinks. All us STi folks already have the upgraded mounts.

Does FEL-GP carry any aftermarket endlinks for the STi?

I am also currently looking at two bent rear endlinks on my STi. :(
It turns out that my rear sway bar was flipped around (don't ask how..I honestly don't know) and my local mechanic and the dealer are fighting it out about whose fault it is. Long story short, I am pretty sure that SOA is going to deny warranty coverage becuase of the STi lowering springs I have, and because well SOA sucks. :evil:

Anyway the OEM STi endlinks are like $200 for the pair so I was wondering if there are any aftermarket end links available for the STi yet.

Thanks,

Nick

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Frankly, I am looking at the issue very hard myself. It is somewhat interesting however that our STi's endlinks just look like brand new, and you know we run our car pretty hard. At the same time, they also look like you can break them with a flick (no! you really cannot :D). I will know for sure before the end of next week about the end links, just some patience please.

Nick, you probably need something pretty quick I assume as you would like to put the new bars in with the new end-links. I will do my best to get you some information at the earliest, may not be the our ultimate direction, but something to solve your problem hopefully.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I've looked into this a bit more and found that the OEM STi endlinks are only $27 from the dealer. After some discussion the SOA rep has agreed to go 80/20 with me on the repair.

I have not found any aftermarket solutions at this time, as the STi pillow ball mounts are significantly different than those used on the WRX.

-Nick

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I have looked for them as well, and the best ones I could find our actually Energy Suspension ones, which I believe also Hotchkis sells. They are on the pricey side, ~$150+. I also talked to several other manufacturers and none of them have seen broken end-links on the STi as of yet, including Cobb and Cusco. I think it will be best for us to continue using the stock one and see if we somehow break it at VIR in March. At the same time, I am going to have a spare set with me though :)

The Hotchkis one can be found at: http://www.hotchkistuning.com/cgi-bin/EDCstore.pl?user_action=list&category=Shop by Category;Sway Bars&start=10, item 13.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Screw it man buy the perrin rear sway bar it comes with the mounts, then you just buy their links and you got a good setup and can dial in more oversteer

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the help guys. I gave up on the Subaru Dealerships around here. I couldn't get an appointment for weeks. The price quotes will help me negotiate something much more reasonable then $250. Looks like it should be under $100 to fix.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts