IW STi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so last week I installed my new pink springs on my 05 STi. Everything went smoothly and torqued everything to the right specs. Today, I was going into a steep driveway at a parking lot at a very slow pace (almost at a tiptoe pace) and at an angle to avoid scraping. Then i heard this clunk sound from the front right strut. So I backed out and went into a different entrance that had a better driveway. Then I heard that rear right strut make the same sound. Later after I had left and went to lunch I noticed the right side of my car was riding considerably higher then the left. It looked as if the right side was at the stock ride height and the left side was the normal ride height for pink springs.

I have never heard of something like this happening? Anybody know what it could be... before I go and take the struts off the car????

-spencer

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
are your springs properly seated in the front?

·
Registered
757 Posts
cuzitsmyusofwtvr said:
just noticed that I bent the hell out of stock rear right endlink and slightly bent the rear left.... perhaps this could be the cause?
Yes, the swaybar flipped, and bent the endlinks against the lateral links....and probably not drive the car for now as it will be gouging your lateral links even more when the endlinks bind against it.

Do a search, and you will find a few threads on this...hope this helps.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep... sway bar infact did flip. Luckily I was able to go over to MPJ performance and picked up some whiteline endlinks. Put the bar back to its regular position and installed the new endlinks..... almost perfect... except the front right still seems to be a tad bit higher. I checked the endlinks and sway mounts. All seems to be fine. I even measured it and the right side is about 1/4" to 1/2" higher and I have no idea why... anyone??? I do plan to take off the front struts in the next few days to install RCE camberplates so maybe when I do that I can figure out if there is something wrong or it just rides like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts