IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While doing a Header/ Up-pipe installed today on my 2018 STi. An I had a
C-Clip pop loose but I can’t identify where it’s from? ... I had the engine slightly jacked up following the install instructions and when I lowered the engine this C-clip popped loose from the driver Side, but I’m not quite sure where it sprung a loose from? My first thoughts where a bushing or control arm but I’m having trouble locating were. Can someone please help me identify where and from what the clip came loose from. If anyone at all can identify where this clip belongs I would really appreciate the help!!!!

https://imgur.com/gallery/0sv6UOb[/IMG]

·
Registered
297 Posts
i have been looking at undersides of 2018 models and don't see where it could go...maybe check the passenger side for where an external c clip would go...i halfway wonder if it was just sitting loose and happened to fall when you moved the engine...

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
To the OP, i was thinking it is a retaining clip either the front axle, or the lower control arm rear bushing, or lower ball joint due to the proximity of your work done on the up-pipe, manifold area.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Go to a dealership and ask!
Been there, Done that. lol It was a F-ing Joke. I spoke to the 3 Master Subaru Techs at Heuberger Motors. An none of them had any idea as to the clips location. I would have expected more from the number one Subaru dealer in the US

To the OP, i was thinking it is a retaining clip either the front axle, or the lower control arm rear bushing, or lower ball joint due to the proximity of your work done on the up-pipe, manifold area.
-Those were my exact thoughts as well. I have since looked extensively at all of the above mentioned locations and have yet to locate the clips location.

- I have also thoroughly looked though the service manual and I have found multiple clips with the same thickness in size. But the Inner/Outer Diameter of all of the clips I've found in the Serv.Manual do not match at all.

·
Registered
470 Posts
- I have also thoroughly looked though the service manual and I have found multiple clips with the same thickness in size. But the Inner/Outer Diameter of all of the clips I've found in the Serv.Manual do not match at all.
Would the diameters of the clip change when they are in place? How off were the measurements?

·
Registered
290 Posts
That is most certainly not from your suspension. It's either from a Jack or something not on the Subaru.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts