IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Subaru Impreza RS, 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX TR
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I own a 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX TR. First time owning a turbo car but not a Subaru since I also own a 2001 Subaru Impreza RS. I’m familiar with the basics but not the turbo. The car is not stock as it comes with a front mount intercooler, a Turbo XS manual boost controller, HKS blowoff valve and exhaust, as well as a Cobb Accesport V3 with the “Drunkmann E91 Stage 1” which deletes the CEL and Cruise control light. Sometimes the car doesn’t hit boost correctly, thus the boost psi in the Cobb accesport fluctuate and drops all the way to ~0.XX and sometimes the car dies on me when hitting boost or won’t go pass 80. Any help would truly be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
5,863 Posts
You might just have a boost leak. Could be "anything" though. In any case I wouldn't push the car till after it was running well.

• Figure out what else isn't stock!
  • Fix what is wrong.
  • Suggest replacing the manual boost controller with a modern EBC and get it tuned.

·
Registered
2007 Subaru wrx ej207
4 Posts
I recently got an 07 wrx. It drove like a dream for a couple of weeks, then it developed a buck around 5k rpm. the coolant feed line to the turbo started leaking. I assume there are more problems hidden, any idea what they could be?

·
Premium Member
5,863 Posts
antlers?

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Lmao antlers. Tis the season LoL

To the OP, try doing a boost leak test to see if you have any air leaks. Sounds like you have alot going on here and there may be more than just one issue.

·
Registered
2007 Subaru wrx ej207
4 Posts
That's also what I'm thinking to start. I found a couple of hose clamps that weren't as tight as they could be and tightened them up. I am planning on running a leak test and replacing the coolant hose, do some other housekeeping then try it out. does that sound decent?

·
Premium Member
5,863 Posts
Yes leak test. I believe most of us over-tighten hose clamps and I have become a fan of high quality constant tension clamps like these:

Murray

1 - 10 of 10 Posts