IW STi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car is going in for a tune next Monday.
I currently have the Cobb accessport, SF Intake, Process West top mount and invidia catted DP with Cobb 3 port boost solenoid.

Multiple tuners here in Aus have told me not to bother with injectors. My next step would be flex tune or turbo/injector upgrade.

I'm about the buy Radium FPR (green top) should I get it? Neither tuners have mentioned it? Costs $500aud. Will it benefit the tune and will we see smoother or more power?

·
Premium Member
See about
6,389 Posts
^ ^ ^ ^ ^

put the fire in your pocket out and learn about what will benefit your car in terms of what you want from it

seriously !

Reactions: Karlot

·
Registered
2020 Subaru WRX STI
242 Posts
Youre buying car parts for all the wrong reasons. Instead of going for specific car parts, find out what you want from the car then get the part for that reason.

If you want less body roll = stiffer or thicker suspension.
Reliability = AOS, cooling, maintenance, etc...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've also mentioned AOS are they said not needed at this stage. I was going to buy IAG AOS and they suggested it won't fit nicely without modification with my process west tmic because of it being a RHD. Any other options?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Btw Flex fuel would be great however here is AUS they are asking $4,000k for the setup.
Thats not to mention that I already have the accessport and fuel pump done.

·
Registered
SWP 2012 GR Hatch
803 Posts
AOS and cyl 4 cooling mod are good ideas on even a stock engine.
I had my AOS installed when it was only stage 1.
Also, oil pickup/baffle is another good reliability mod.
None of these would effect your tune.
I can't comment on whats best for RHD, but you want an AOS that is 'heated' (hooked up to the cooling system) to avoid sludge/clogging.

The FPR was a better 'upgrade' on the GR and prior years as a 'stumble fix'.
Rumour is the 15+ has an improved FPR so that is less of a concern.
The one you mentioned is entirely overkill for your application.

I'd say just tune it with the parts that are on it.
The next steps in terms of power would be equal length headers and an inlet, but that's when you start to reach towards the necessity of a pump and injector upgrade, and then again you are looking at 3-4k all-in for headers/inlet/pump/injectors/re-tune.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
^as stated above,

An AOS is a good idea at ANY modification level with these cars, and i cant speak to RHD, but mine has a big spearco TMIC and an IAG AOS, yes it's LHD but it fits fine even with my big tmic. for yours it may need a bit longer lines somewhere and a custom bracket to mount it, but that should be it.

COBB has stopped supporting flex fuel, i havent heard any word on if they will support it again in the future, this is because of the EPA push in the states, 4k sounds pretty extreme for a flex kit pricing, but it could be because you'd need to go away from the accessport and go to a different tuning software, i'd assume it would also include a fuel system that could support flex at that price. and this is where that cost would be coming from.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info all. There is a company here that has designed a RHD for the IAG/COBB AOS. I have ordered the AOS and Bracket

In regards to COBB and accessport the Australian market has not been affected by operation green. My tuner says he has same functionality as they did before.

Anyone got any flex fuel kits they want to send to Aus 😂

·
Registered
SWP 2012 GR Hatch
803 Posts
Thanks for the info all. There is a company here that has designed a RHD for the IAG/COBB AOS. I have ordered the AOS and Bracket

In regards to COBB and accessport the Australian market has not been affected by operation green. My tuner says he has same functionality as they did before.

Anyone got any flex fuel kits they want to send to Aus 😂
Damn, lucky!
I don't know why Canada is effected by Greenspeed, we aren't governed by the EPA either....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts