IW STi Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:notsure: I need a good all season(my first full season in snow with my car) then at the end of winter, need to drive back home to FL....what is a good all around tire? obviously need a good price. i have a place around here that will beat any price i find(minus tirerack) but i could also jus buy them from tirerack if its worth it..? help! thanks alot guys!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I love my Avon M550 A/S... They an awesome all season tire!

·
Registered
442 Posts
nandanrp said:
Continental ContiExtreme Contacts
I agree. I got rid of my PZero M+S because they were horrible in snow. The Contis are a world apart without being snow specific tires. Not quite as good as the PZero when dry, but close enough.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I also had good luck with the contis. Very good in light snow, average in dry. Anyone have any luck with the Proxes 4 as a winter tire. I am considering it.:tup: :tdown:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Allen504tke said:
I love my Avon M550 A/S... They an awesome all season tire!
+1, and cheaper than the Pirellis or Conti's.

·
Registered
442 Posts
The Avon is only $6 less than the Conti on Tire Rack. Unless I get a true snow tire, I'll stick with the Conti.

·
Registered
586 Posts
ORSTi said:
The Avon is only $6 less than the Conti on Tire Rack. Unless I get a true snow tire, I'll stick with the Conti.
TireRack user reviews rate the Avons higher than the Contis. Just curious if any of those reviewers were on this site and if they had an info on how they compare to the Contis.

ORSTi, I may be mistaken, but I believe you and I had exchanged some tire reviews on the Contis vs. Pirellis a while back. How're your Conti's holding up? I've noticed that mine squeel a little more now if I go through a quick turn. Got ~12k miles on 'em, still very pleased with their overall performance.

·
Premium Member
5,267 Posts
spazegun2213 said:
P zero nero
Seconded... if didn't get a dedicated snow tire (Blizzak LM-22's), I would have gone this route. It's a good compromise, for dry, wet and snow.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts