IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to learn how to really drive my STi once I have all my suspension pieces in. I want to drive my car though, not their cars. Can someone please reccomend a school. I live in Northern California, but might be willing to drive a couple of hours if the school has what I am interested in.

·
Registered
129 Posts
check out the raceways. most will have a school attached or associated with them. CA is a great place as you've got a lot of choice in tracks. Were I so fortunate to live within a few hours of CA I'd try to find something that would let me run Laguna Seca.

·
Registered
348 Posts
nathansvt said:
Were I so fortunate to live within a few hours of CA I'd try to find something that would let me run Laguna Seca.
Ditto

I am going to try to head up to Watkins Glen sometime this summer. Probably tag along with Corvette/BMW/Porsche clubs.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just checked and it seems Jim Russell does a school here at Infineon Raceway (formerly Sear's Point). Anyone had any experience with them?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Jim Russel is pretty nice school, best is Skip Barber. Panoz is very nice as well. However, if you want to learn in your own car, which I think is a great thing, your most cost effective way to attend the HPDEs of car clubs. It takes longer to really learn, but non of the schools are going to make you good in just few days-worth of instructions. The key is practice what you learn. So, in terms of bang for the buck, I vote for HPDEs :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts