IW STi Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, we all know Subaru made the ECU to work at it's best on 93 Octane. In fact, some people with STi's still hear detonation even using 93.....

How about running 95+ Octane in your car... all the time?

I'm in the process of having this product proven on a dyno, and I will also post some data log runs from my Delta Dash Software, so that you can see how it affects an STi specifically. (We don't have AWD dyno's here, so we will use a 93-97 supra.

You'll need 32 oz of fluid, to pour into 10 gallons of gas to get 102-104 octane. You'd be able to mix less, for less octane, i.e. if you only want to run 96 or so .... use less fluid. These will cost approx $15 a can.

I plan on carrying around a couple in my trunk at all times, you know, for those impromptu road trips where they only have 90 octane or something crazy......

Watch the site, it will be up and running soon.....

http://www.need4speedpower.com

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, actually, that's what I've been doing for over a year,(for the WRX) it's a pain in the ass .... Plus, to net that kind of octane, you'd need a hell of a lot more than 32oz of a fluid to turn 10 gallons of 92 into 102-104 Octane ..... you'd need about 5 gallons of xylene (116 octane btw) to mix with 92 ....

Xylene, at it's cheapest around here is about $20 for a 5 gallon container .... then you have the hassle of mixing it all together with lubricants like marvel mystery oil and/or auto tranny fluid, etc....

The site should be up sometime this week, or week-end ....keep a look out, try the stuff out ...

As a side note, I'm running it in my car right now, 32 0unces to 15 gallons of 92 ... I have been data logging with Delta Dash..... no knock whatsoever, and my ignition timing is usually between 23-27 degrees of advance at all rpm ranges during full throttle, afr's are still 11-1 I'll be testing out more and more ....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.