IW STi Forum banner

81 - 100 of 2503 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
no, they just use the dyno to gauge the diff between before and after, if they are going to tune, or creat maps, they'll use a program on their laptop/computer or whatever....sorry i misunderstood your question the first time

jason

·
Registered
867 Posts
05impreza said:
no, they just use the dyno to gauge the diff between before and after, if they are going to tune, or creat maps, they'll use a program on their laptop/computer or whatever....sorry i misunderstood your question the first time

jason
Exactly what Jason said.

I believe the protuner is a more advance copy of Street Tuner, and is unavailibe to the public. Only specific DynoTuners can purchase it from Cobb, and it is more detailed the the Street Tuner.

The Tuners tune you ECU, then they throw it on the dyno to see if their changes has actually done any increase in horsepower / torque. Im intrested to see exactly how it works once I get mine protuned

Tim

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
just guessing, i don't know a whole lot about the ap right now, i'm sure they'll make their own custom map and load it into your car using the ap....timmy knows alot more about it than i do...

jason

·
Registered
867 Posts
Well thats the thing,

Some shops such as the one you posted did not purchased the Protuner from Cobb, However they can still tune your accessport if you purchase the Street Tuner.

In my opinion, I would look for a shop that can actulaly protune. I think they run about 500$ Where as the software runs from 300-400$ + when they tune you will add up more then that.

Im still researching it myself, and could be wrong, but I know its in those ball park ranges.

Tim

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
don't know about that, try searching on here about it, i bet the answer is somewhere on here.....i've found out the answer to pretty much everything i've wanted to know

jason

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
its not trouble, just research and find a tuner w/ a good reputation, then give the guy and email or call, they can answer any question you have, and most of them are more than willing to talk to you.....

jason

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm home by 6pm on Saturdays this month. I'll be around if you guys get something going for Saturday night.

jj

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Port Stock Turbo

timmy,
you know anyone w/ a machine shop that can port my wastegate on my turbo, i know i can do it, but i'd rather just pay a professional to do it rather than taking a chance?

jason

81 - 100 of 2503 Posts