IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 2503 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
timmy, i'm wanting to ride in your car, i'm thinking about getting accessport in meantime until i get ecutek.....i still have a lot to buy for the car, i can sell it when i get everything done

jason

·
Registered
867 Posts
Definitly man!

I would let you load it, but you have an 2005. Its definitly a significant change, but from what I read the base maps are still not that good. Really wanting that protune!

Tim

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
T1mmmy said:
Hey Pony,

The accessport is one of the easiest things to install. Takes a whopping 5 seconds to load them map and your done! I love mine, and seriously thinking about getting protuned now!

Tim
Yeah just put mine in not to long ago and damn it's a nice differance! Car pulls much harder now, but I think I am only hitting 18 psi in 5th gear. I don't know if I need to run the HWG map or not. I raced another guy here that has an 05 sti and he only has TBE and K&N typhoon and I walked all over him. But it's not bad at all. What's this someone said that the base maps aren't that good and a protune is better? I thought you only protune unless you upgrade the turbo or something?

·
Registered
867 Posts
ride_the_pony69 said:
Yeah just put mine in not to long ago and damn it's a nice differance! Car pulls much harder now, but I think I am only hitting 18 psi in 5th gear. I don't know if I need to run the HWG map or not. I raced another guy here that has an 05 sti and he only has TBE and K&N typhoon and I walked all over him. But it's not bad at all. What's this someone said that the base maps aren't that good and a protune is better? I thought you only protune unless you upgrade the turbo or something?

The accessport maps are "off the shelf" which is tuned to meet every STi. A protune a specific map made jsut for your car. It could be different just going from yours to mine. If you get a bigger turbo you will DEFINITLY need a protune, but if you just want the most out of a straight TBE you can also consider getting a protune to free up a little extra ponies and especially torque. I plan on gettin a CAI and protuneing and completing my car. Don't plan to take it much further power wise, just gonna stay around and do the suspension and interior next.

Tim

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Yeah I mean I just want to get at least 300whp and I found a place in ATL that has an awd dyno. Just trying to think of any other mod I can do to get the most power out of the stock turbo. I really don't want a header either.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
ride_the_pony69 said:
Yeah I mean I just want to get at least 300whp and I found a place in ATL that has an awd dyno. Just trying to think of any other mod I can do to get the most power out of the stock turbo. I really don't want a header either.

what place in atlanta are you talking about w/ the awd dyno....are you talking about subaru of gwinnet where ss works?

jason

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
ride_the_pony69 said:
Oh yeah what about my boost and running the HWG map situaiton? Like I said I am only hitting 18psi in 5th gear.
at what rpm are you at in 5th and at 18psi?

jason

·
Registered
867 Posts
Possible Nashville WRX/STi Meet on Saturday Night?

Hey Guys

Me and Jason (05impreza) are trying to get some WRX's and STi's together on Saturday night. Maybe we can all go grab something to eat and just hang out and have car chat or what not. Please post here if you are availible and or intrested in coming. This meet is not just for WRX's or STi's but we are trying to get plenty of them togehter. Hope to see you there!

Tim

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
That sounds good to me! Where are you guys meeting up at and what time? I am going to bowling green on saturday early. I might be able to round up a couple of STi's and WRX's too. I might swing down that way later on. You guys still ever going to come out to clarksville?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Awesome! I believe Jason is going to set up the exact place and time as Saturday gets closer. I am not very familiar with the best locations in Nashville, so I'll just ask him and see whats up. Plan on being there!

Tim

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
No not that place but is that a good one? But the other place is called batlground motorsports enineering or something. This is what the guy at that place wrote me:

1770 atlanta rd se
Smyrna, GA 30080

We can tune cobb if you have the software on your laptop. It takes anywhere
from 2-3 hours at $126/hr. Please call to make an appointment.

Thanks for the inquiry!

Tracy Shayhorn
Batlground Motorsports Engineering
www.batlground.com
P:770-319-9605
F:770-319-9606

Now by software does he mean the software that came with the AP or the streettuner?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
if everybody is cool w/ it, we'll meet up and eat somewhere and find someplace downtown to hang for a little while

jason

·
Registered
867 Posts
The software that comes with the AP is not software used to tune. It is simply a installer to set up the accessport and comes with preloaded "off the shelf maps". The Street Tuner is the user-tuning software, in which anybody can tune their own car if they have a laptop and the balls. The pro-tuner is what most shops use, and i belive is alot more advance and hooks up to a dyno?

Tim

61 - 80 of 2503 Posts