IW STi Forum banner

621 - 640 of 2503 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
talleyd said:
WHAT A FLIPPING DAY!!!!

I guess I should say long day..

Left Clarksville at 4:30am arrived at topspeed at 10ish. The car cooled down for about 30 minutes or so before we loaded it on the DYNO. The car was sputtering (due to the PERRIN big MAF) anyway Doug did his thing on the PC for about 30 minutes and the loaded it to the ECU. The very first pull looked promising and netted 394 AWHP.at 19psi:) So now we have a baseline so Doug turned up the wick. 2nd pull netted 378 (WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED) Made another pull 376.... OK DOUG, your going the wrong way:tdown: Long story short...Collapsing SAMCO inlet. Doug's exact word "I've never seen a samco collapse" Well if it can happen it will happen to me..... So he turned down the boost to 18 to be safe and that netted 386. So then we went for the street test and the first stop light we stopped at we saw smoke coming up from under the car. We went back to the shop and the culprit was a leaking turbo oil feed line. They replaced the hose and off I went. So now I have to fix the collapsing problem and take it back. Doug seems to think that because of the promising baseline, that 450 - 480 is obtainable with 23 - 25 lbs of boost. I can't Imagine another 75 - 100 hp because the car is a blast now. Just ask the two mustangs that got a little taste of the subaru on the way home....:lol:
Hey so when are you going back to get retuned?

·
Registered
867 Posts
What a Wonderful WEEKEND,

Ended up brakeing two ratchets because they couldnt hold the torque to take off the rear struts, and one 1/2"-3/4" adapter. Ended up goign to Sears 4 times in 2 days. Life is perfect.

·
Banned
727 Posts
That is why I kept all my mods simple Tim. Even the easy stuff can end up more than bargained for. So did you wind up with a successful install??

·
most frantic
1,463 Posts
meet????

did anyone show up. i know the weather turned sour. i was installing tein coilovers and ran a little late. got there at about 7.

when i jacked one side of the car up i was rewarded with 1/2 quart of oil from my undercarriage, at least 1/2 quart on the floor... life is great.

i got the tein flex and first impression is good.

·
Registered
867 Posts
USA 79S said:
That is why I kept all my mods simple Tim. Even the easy stuff can end up more than bargained for. So did you wind up with a successful install??

Nah I called it quits for the day, got a lot more work to finish up which im gonna do in small parts over the week. Got the rear springs, F/R Pads, and if possible gotta install my lines/fluid.

I've been at this alllll weekend, and just really needed to get my head off of it.

Tim

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #629
dan,
sorry i couldn't make it, this new business we started has kept me running and has taken up way more time than expected, but things are good. hopefully i can get up there this week before you leave!

later,
jason

·
Banned
727 Posts
I fly Friday morning. No big deal. I will have lots of time when I return for good. Hopefully you all get a little further with your cars. Eric, your car reassured me the 20G was fine for me. I think I will piecing together the power portion of my project while I am away. What do you guys think?

Owned:
Injen CAI
Injen FMIC
jdm bumper beam

Planning:
DB 20g turbo
APS hard inlet
Perrin fuel rails
Helix catted dp
B&B catback
walbro pump
injectors
EBCS
one step colder plugs
high perf. radiator
Samco radiator hose
grounding kit
lightweight battery
AP Protuned

·
Registered
461 Posts
USA 79S said:
I fly Friday morning. No big deal. I will have lots of time when I return for good. Hopefully you all get a little further with your cars. Eric, your car reassured me the 20G was fine for me. I think I will piecing together the power portion of my project while I am away. What do you guys think?
After owning a 20G and now an APS SR55 I would vote against the 20G. Very good turbo but you can get more power with equivalent lag from a RED or SR55. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
talleyd said:
After owning a 20G and now an APS SR55 I would vote against the 20G. Very good turbo but you can get more power with equivalent lag from a RED or SR55. Just my 2 cents
Well that's the thing I love my 20g cuz it's just enough power for me and I can hang with pretty much anything around here. Yeah a red or SZ55 would be great to have but I don't plan on having that much power yet until I get more money to upgrade my engine right with internals and everything. Horsepower takes money, and there are plenty of 20g's out there that can run a 1/4 damn near as fast as a red or SZ55.;) Just gotta have the right mods and tune, and most importantly the driver.

·
Registered
461 Posts
USA 79S said:
Donovan, I need your buddy's number, can he install a cf driveshaft?

my new yoke just arrived today :(
Yea, I don't think that would be much of a problem for him. His (Thomas) # is 358-0600

·
Registered
461 Posts
T1mmmy said:
Progress:

Front Springs + Top Mounts (Completed)
Rear Brake Pads (Completed)

Two Broken Ratchets
1 Broken Craftsman Adapter

Tim
Damn, Sounds like that stuff was welded on. I didn't have near those problems

·
Registered
867 Posts
Yeah,

Just picked up some PB Blaster from the store. However, I can't blame one of those ratchet sets. I bought one of those cheap generic tool sets from Walmart. You get what you pay for :(

Should be able to knock most everything out tommorw and Wednesday the latest!

Tim

·
Banned
727 Posts
good deal. Well my ese-grill finally gets here tomorrow, and my driveshaft should go in as well. Then its time for some pictures, and an updated cardomain page. Still need to work out the Lotek pod fitment though :( That is really frustrating me.

·
Registered
867 Posts
3/7/2007 Update

All Four Brake Pads were Installed Successfully
Front Springs + Top Mounts Installed
Rear Strut Bar Bolts Off! :tup: :tup: :tup:

Cobb Catback Removed and Stock Catback Reinstalled
(For Sale if anyone is intrested before I move it to the main forum + Nasioc)

Plan to Finish Up Everything Tommorrow.

Tim

621 - 640 of 2503 Posts