IW STi Forum banner

561 - 580 of 2503 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
yeah I heard about the guy with the blue 06 but I still ain't met him yet. Damn donavan the 55 is that powerful huh? Well hope you get some good numbers. Does anyone know if that turbo is equivalant to a GT35R?

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I probably won't upgrade my turbo again for like another year or two. I think the next think I get is steel braided brake lines, pads, and sway bars. What do ya'll think of a bigger TMIC with the alky injection?

·
Registered
461 Posts
ride_the_pony69 said:
Oh yeah and the map reload didn't go well cuz it didn't work!!!!
:mad:

·
Registered
461 Posts
ride_the_pony69 said:
yeah I heard about the guy with the blue 06 but I still ain't met him yet. Damn donavan the 55 is that powerful huh? Well hope you get some good numbers. Does anyone know if that turbo is equivalant to a GT35R?
Well, I don't really know if it's all because of the turbo. We also did the FMIC install as well as tumbler delete. My initial response is the car is very responsive which is probably because of the tumbler delete and has definately more power which is probably a combination of the FMIC and turbo.

As far as the GT35R, It's not equivalent to that setup. The GT35R is the mac daddy. But I think the 55 is more than enough to have to cause me to purchase a new clutch:eek:

·
Registered
461 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #569
yeah, i'm bout to order one of those from worldone....they are supposed to be getting back today w/ me about when there next order for stock will be in....that beats the 8-10 weeks it takes from bulletproof

·
Registered
461 Posts
I saw a blue 04-05 STI today in clarksville with a crutches cross bones sticker on the back window. Does anyone know who this is?

·
Registered
461 Posts
T1mmmy said:
Tim, These were purchased from Gruppe-s and they were on my STI when I purchased it. I swapped them out with the Teins that were on my 02 WRX. (by the way my teins from my 02 WRX fit fine on my 04 STI). There are several JDm knock offs but Gruppe-S is notorious for selling authentic JDM parts. After further research I assure you the parts I gave you are the real deal and you got a screaming deal at that.

·
Registered
461 Posts
T1mmmy said:
Hey Donovan,

Check out that post i put on the top mounts thread.

It appears that the front mounts are the same throughout all WRX's/STi's and they checked out fine.

However, the rears have two kinds, One for 02-03WRX and one for 04WRX

http://gruppe-s.com/Subaru/subsus.htm

Tim
Tim, I assure you they will fit an 04 sti because they were on mine. I also assur you they are the real deal.

Donovan

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Well I unhooked my ebcs and tested it and it works fine so my low boost problem isn't from that. My wastegate isn't bad either cuz it is hitting the max boost of the spring which is 15psi. I don't have any leaks cuz it just quickly raises to 15psi and stays there so the only other thing I can think of is I have a bad map. Anyone have any suggestions on this?

·
Registered
43 Posts
ride_the_pony69 said:
Well I unhooked my ebcs and tested it and it works fine so my low boost problem isn't from that. My wastegate isn't bad either cuz it is hitting the max boost of the spring which is 15psi. I don't have any leaks cuz it just quickly raises to 15psi and stays there so the only other thing I can think of is I have a bad map. Anyone have any suggestions on this?
a)Unmarry it and reload again.
b) call cobb and tell them to send you a map
c)protune and forget about it

·
Registered
461 Posts
561 - 580 of 2503 Posts